Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd C&p Increase Exam

Rate this question

USMC_HVEQ

Question

hi,

I have a C&P exam tomorrow for an increase from 50 --> 70%. My 2 most recent diagnosis:

Jan 27, 2010

DX

Axis 1: Chronic Severe PTSD with prominent hyperarousal, irritability, intrusions and social withdrawl, MDD Chronic with anhedonia and recurrent suicidal thoughts, panic disorder, severe sleep disorder, alcohol abuse epidisodic

Axis 2: deferred

Axis 3: Obesity, Likely Obstructive Sleep Apnea, HTN, Hyperlipidemia, Shoulder traumatic arthritis with chronic pain, tinnitus

Axis 4: extreme: combat trauma with chronic ptsd, reintegration, extreme weight gain, social isolation, unemployment

Axis 5: 41

Dec 23, 2009

DX

Axis 1: PTSD, Chronic

MDD

R/o Panic Disorder

H/o Alcohol abuse

Axis 2: deferred

Axis 3: R/O OSA

Axis 4: Isolation

Axis 5: 45

Prior DX (part of my 50% claim)

Sept 18, 2008 (that was my last Dx prior)

DX

Axis 1: PTSD; Major Depressive Disorder

Axis 2: Deferred

Axis 3: Obesity; Tinnitus; Upper Arm Condition

Axis 4: Relational Difficulties

Axis 5: 50

Prior C&P Exam

Dec 11, 2008

DX

Axis 1: PTSD, Depressive disorder NOS

Axis 2: No dx

Axis 3: see problem list

Axis 4: unemployment of > 1yr

Axis 5: GAF 53 current functioning

I'm wondering what people think my chances are for my ptsd comp to be increased from 50 to 70% based on the above DX's. I'm going in tomorrow for the C&P, so I will get copies after the exam and post to give the best idea. I am also still waiting on my sleep study. Have not rec'd a date yet as well.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

jerr,

Yes I did. Its in the notes of it. It was almost 4 pages, so I jsut gave the highlighed Dx and portion at the end, whihc usually means where it will rate, soley based on C&P that is. I think I will be good to go for 70%. One portion of my claim still isnt done (sleep apnea). I put in for the claim, thinking the claim woudl take a while. I havent been given my sleep study exam yet. The c&P on my shoulders, the doc said he'd try and help get me an appointment. He even put I fell a sleep in the appointment, which I didnt, but he was trying to help. Ive also mentioned it to my PCP, who put in the request. The VA I go to, can't do it, so they sent it to the RO but never heard anything. It seems the RO has dropped the ball. After that C&P, they mentioned I would get a call between feb 4-11. The C&P guy tried to make an appt for me, which was very nice. I still havent sent back in that VCAA form yet. Wondering what I should do now?

• HadIt.com Elder

I wish you well and am glad you are getting help. I was unemployed for years, college degree or not, my sc disabilities got 'awarded' ssdi and tdiu recently after much effort. Sure miss'ed' working, interacting with other somewhat normal people and providing for my young family. Kiddos freinds families ask sometimes about my 'work'. My 'work' is me, family and VA services (Meds, counseling, other ongoing care).

I'd prefer to work, it'd be best for everything, normal sort of.

Best to ya,

Cowgrl

USMC, If you don't have any more information to submit I would send the VCAA form in as far as your PTSD goes since you just had your C&P exam.

It will likely be a few months anyway before you hear anything.

Wow, about your examiner. Your examiner was 1 in a 100. He actually worked in your favor instead of going the other direction.

I hope my next examiner is like yours.

jerr

jerr,

Yes I did. Its in the notes of it. It was almost 4 pages, so I jsut gave the highlighed Dx and portion at the end, whihc usually means where it will rate, soley based on C&P that is. I think I will be good to go for 70%. One portion of my claim still isnt done (sleep apnea). I put in for the claim, thinking the claim woudl take a while. I havent been given my sleep study exam yet. The c&P on my shoulders, the doc said he'd try and help get me an appointment. He even put I fell a sleep in the appointment, which I didnt, but he was trying to help. Ive also mentioned it to my PCP, who put in the request. The VA I go to, can't do it, so they sent it to the RO but never heard anything. It seems the RO has dropped the ball. After that C&P, they mentioned I would get a call between feb 4-11. The C&P guy tried to make an appt for me, which was very nice. I still havent sent back in that VCAA form yet. Wondering what I should do now?

thanks Jerr and Cowgirl,

Yes my examiner for my shouders C&P was a vietnam vet himself, been a doc for 50 yrs. He was very nice and we talked a lot. I mentioned my PCP had put in the request. I had also told him that my pysch dr looked it up and confirmed he put int he request but the RO, didnt do anything except receive the request. I was extremely happy. I jsut sent off the VCAA letter and I sent in a letter I had written about ptsd and sleep apnea. I also sent in copies of my treatment records, and 2 exams I had at Bethesda for PTSD/Ortho from last year. I made sure I got a delivery receipt so I know they receive them.

Edited by USMC_HVEQ