• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
This is an article from Feb 2008 and I am posting it

to show others - Never Give Up !

I hope this gives some inspiration to VBA Claimants.

carlie

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hotstories/5576951.html

Carlie, many veterans have had to fight the "system" a lot longer than this veteran has to get the benefits we deserve mine took from Oct 2002 thru June 2009 when I finally got the "retro" for my CAD I can't even tell you anymore how many "denial" letters and NODs I filed from 2002 thru 2008 because I made the mistake many veterans make and filed 2 seperate claims one in Dec 2002 for "heart problems" (big mistake for not spelling it out as CAD and hypertension) and then in Dec 2003 for PTSD and 8 other issues (none life ending causes) bad SOs giving me advice etc, patience was the hardest part of it and keeping up the will to go into the VARO when I needed to file the appeals etc, it got a lot easier when the lawyer took the case in July 2007 it felt like the "stress" was gone their office had to deal with it, in Feb 2009 we had the BVA hearing and that was easy compared to the rest of it and then I got the "granted" letter from BVA on April 7 and award letter on 4 June and the retro in the bank nothing comes fast from the VA nothing before it's time with them.....I am bothered by the fact to many vets give up on their claims after the first denial even though they have legitimate claims

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

I think it is even harder for spouses when the VA tells them they are not entitled to DIC. The spouse may believe what they are told because they don't believe the VA would lie or misinform them. Unless the spouse is like Berta the VA thinks they can roll them. With the elderly spouse the VA just tries to wait them out until they die.

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe it is a shameless system that doesn't find and help EACH veteran get benefits due. There ought to be a law, like those cards the kiddos 'have to' return to school every year for feds funds. The stress is put on the kid to return the card or else! Ya think the feds can require the VA to 'have to' return a card proving services rendered every veteran.

ER, can't a cowgirl dream?

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• HadIt.com Elder
I believe it is a shameless system that doesn't find and help EACH veteran get benefits due. There ought to be a law, like those cards the kiddos 'have to' return to school every year for feds funds. The stress is put on the kid to return the card or else! Ya think the feds can require the VA to 'have to' return a card proving services rendered every veteran.

ER, can't a cowgirl dream?

my mom and step father both worked at the Post Office the school was real ugly with us about getting those cards returned I think back then they got like 400 a year for each card they returned I imagine it is a lot more now I was in school in early 70s graduated May 73

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

test,

I've been fighting VBA since 1978.

cg,

I must be older than I thought.

I don't remember having to return any cards to the

school at the end of the year ~ ~ lol.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.