Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

We Changed A Life

Rate this topic

Jim MAC

I had a visitor Today. A retired Vietnam Pilot with Prostate Cancer from Vietnam.

When I first came to this site I was so upset with the VA that I decide to take some of my excess anger out on the VA by helping other people. I was talking to my boss and he told me he was rated at 20 percent for his Prostate Cancer. I came online (on the old site) and ask you all if he was being under paid. You all but especially Pete and Berta toll me it was to low. Well we submitted a increase he was raised to 60 percent we also asked for an increase on his hypertension which was rated at 10 percent. He has just received his first check for over 1,000 dollars. Since he is a military retire there is no back pay.

He went to a C+P exam today for the hypertension I will keep you all informed.

I knew he got an increase but I thought he was like me a military retire and had to wait 10 years for the full phase in. Well he applied for CRSC and received it. He wanted me to pass on his thanks. Told me he can now afford to retire. I feel great you all should feel great. I was told we changed his life. I am on cloud 9 myself

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That is WONDERFUL news!

I like to think we "move money"-

It feels great to "move money" from the VA into the checking account of deserving vets-

the reality is however, just what you said-

a successful award can change a life for a vet and for their dependents.

If he has ED due to this prostrate condition he should ask for SMC "k" award too-

Great news! Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

That is WONDERFUL news!

I like to think we "move money"-

It feels great to "move money" from the VA into the checking account of deserving vets-

the reality is however, just what you said-

a successful award can change a life for a vet and for their dependents.

If he has ED due to this prostrate condition he should ask for SMC "k" award too-

Great news! Berta

Berta

The Va wishes that they would have paid you what the owe you from the start. Just think how much you have cost them by getting Vets what they are owed. If the VA would have been fair with you you never went have gone to the internet looking for help. The more they screw over vets ( or Vets wifes) the more we ban together

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

• HadIt.com Elder
Great work!

Jim:

Don't it feel great to help another Veteran. Sometimes just asking will move mountains.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Jim:

Don't it feel great to help another Veteran. Sometimes just asking will move mountains.

Pete

All I did was write the letters for him based on your and Berta advice but I feel great Going to have a few drinks and celebrate. I feel like I realy helped somebody. He is 64 years old and now can retire ( Could not afford to before.) I feel better for him then I did for myself when I won my first claim.

Jim

Jim