Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thanks For Your Input

Rate this question

e4766

Question

My DMII was 20% compliant, now on Lantz since Sept of 2009 New instructions to restrict diet, activities. I have 10%hearing, 10%tinnitus. Va has acknowledge HBP is aggravated by diabetes with 0% rating because(The preaggravation of % of 10% disabling was deducted from the current % of 10% disabling before assigning service-connection eval of 0%) What the heck is this? If I had enough hair I'd pull it out! Taking 4 HBP medications, when is enough? I guess I have to stroke out! PCP wants bp at 120/70. At neuropathy exam bp was 163/80. Peripheral neuro. has changed from mild to severe in left leg since early 09, getting in right leg also, with hands starting to tingle and go numb. Before this last rating they gave 10% for neuropathy(no pay). Going 24th for c&p exam which will show bad for me. Am going to have to wear a splint. At this point I have not had much trouble with VA. Holding my breath. You experts out there have any suggestions? Thanks and sorry for the long letter. God Bless.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
My DMII was 20% compliant, now on Lantz since Sept of 2009 New instructions to restrict diet, activities. I have 10%hearing, 10%tinnitus. Va has acknowledge HBP is aggravated by diabetes with 0% rating because(The preaggravation of % of 10% disabling was deducted from the current % of 10% disabling before assigning service-connection eval of 0%) What the heck is this? If I had enough hair I'd pull it out! Taking 4 HBP medications, when is enough? I guess I have to stroke out! PCP wants bp at 120/70. At neuropathy exam bp was 163/80. Peripheral neuro. has changed from mild to severe in left leg since early 09, getting in right leg also, with hands starting to tingle and go numb. Before this last rating they gave 10% for neuropathy(no pay). Going 24th for c&p exam which will show bad for me. Am going to have to wear a splint. At this point I have not had much trouble with VA. Holding my breath. You experts out there have any suggestions? Thanks and sorry for the long letter. God Bless.

What the VA is telling you is that they wil only pay to the extent of the aggravation so any HTN rateing you get will be the lesser percentage. If you rate 10 the rate will be zero, 20 it will be 10, 40 will be 29 and so on.

You should get a fair rateing for the PN.

What VA do you use, Louisville or Lex.

J

Hey thanks! I'm learning. I think I understand. I go to Lexington. You guys amaze me. This flipping computer and the VA's mumbo jumbo sure makes your brain hurt! Do you all even realize it took me a week to figure the right forum? Gee! Couldn't have done it without carlie's help. Don't know why I waited so long to do something, yeah I do. Didn't want to start thinking about all that stuff. Like I wasn't man enough? Thanks. Oh I got a copy of that stupid rating chart, who the h--- came up with that one? God Bless