carlie

Question

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I looked on the link you posted, and it does not specifically say its a LAW Firm. Most Law firms clearly state they ARE Law firms. Maybe it says so on TV..however, I am more than just a little bit leary of someone "helping" disabled Vets who charges to do so and is not a lawyer. If this is, indeed, a legal firm that helps Vets, please accept my apologies, however, that was not made clear to me on the website you posted.

I looked on the link you posted, and it does not specifically say its a LAW Firm. Most Law firms clearly state they ARE Law firms. Maybe it says so on TV..however, I am more than just a little bit leary of someone "helping" disabled Vets who charges to do so and is not a lawyer. If this is, indeed, a legal firm that helps Vets, please accept my apologies, however, that was not made clear to me on the website you posted.

Bronco,

Thats well stated and I agree they don't appear to be a law firm. In which case buyer-be-ware, the same info they offer is available he at Hadit and its "FREE"!

JMHO,

Bergie

I would NEVER recommend to a Veteran they hire someone to represent them who is NOT a lawyer. VSO's and hadit advice is free, and is probably as good or better than any NON lawyer can provide to you.

I am personally aware of basically a retired VSO who now charges a fee to represent Vets, who is not a lawyer. I dont recommend hiring one of those guys.

• HadIt.com Elder
I would NEVER recommend to a Veteran they hire someone to represent them who is NOT a lawyer. VSO's and hadit advice is free, and is probably as good or better than any NON lawyer can provide to you.

I am personally aware of basically a retired VSO who now charges a fee to represent Vets, who is not a lawyer. I dont recommend hiring one of those guys.

there is nothing on that page to indicate if the reps for this company are lawyers or not you are maing an assumption that they are not lawyers

all the members of NOVA are lawyers and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them they also are able to call Ken Carpenter for assistance if they get in to a istuation for advice they have meetings around the country several times a year for continuing education would I recommend anyone just because they claim to be a vet rep no I have had enough of them from service organizations that hire anyone and really don't care if they do their jobs right or not just as long as they have a warm body sitting in the chair but there are many times where the lawyers earn their checks free help is everything it claims to be free

sometimes it is worth paying the 20% of back pay rather than keeping 100% of nothing

They are not listed at the VA web site as an accredited Veterans organization.

I have always been under the distinct impression that accredited VSOs and reps can certainly be paid through their chartered organization and lawyers can be paid (if they are in compliance with the extensive lawyers for vets rules in 38 USC) but anyone

not accredited (or who was but is no longer working with a chartered vet org) CAN NOT take money for helping vets with their claims.

Whan I saw the commercial I wondered if it was a bunch of VA retirees that are now advocating for the other side. Similar to the IRS/TAX representation companies that hire former IRS. When i looked at the web site I could find no information on what makes them better/different. It wouldn't suprise me to find some VA retirees start a company hire 1-2 lawyers and then start cutting deals/pressuring people they used to supervise ( I know the illegal things you did) into granting benefits. But this does not appear to be happening yet.

I guess the ultimate question is "would you ever let a for profit company filled with former VA execs take over your calim"? Would we start letting people who screwed us for years take 20% if we thought they could get our claim approved?

I know an ugly hypothetical question, but will would it ever happen?

Best regards,

Tyler