carlie

Question

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I called them - the Sec didn't understand my question-I asked how they were accredited by VA to rep vets but she didnt know- and referred me to a supervisor who told me she had just been accredited by the VA recently and that they are allowed to charge for their services (they are NOT lawyers)

This bothers me because the DAV,AL, MOPH, VVA, PVA ETC ETC- never charge for helping with VA claims.

They might ask for donation or dues but they are chartered by Congress and can do that and cannot ask for a fee.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA has accredited people who can charge fees sort of like IRS enrolled agents. I would not want to trash this group till I knew more about them.

I agree with PR

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

NOVA has an excellent group of lawyers-accredited with the VA-

this repforvet group is not affiliated at all with NOVA (National Organization of Veterans Advocates)

They could certainly be legit but I dont see from their site how they can represent veterans unless they are all accredited with VA and/or are lawyers who have complied with the criteria as a lawyer to represent a vet.

A personal lawyer I have handled a land lease for me and then being a vet himself found I had claim pending and was anxious to represent me with the VA.

When I sent him the criteria for that type of representation (I had actually just discussed the lawyer for vets regs with the actual VA lawyer who had written them in VACO DC due to another matter)

then my lease lawyer dropped his idea to represent me.

Maybe I will contact this site and find out what type of accreditation they have- they could be legit-but their site doesnt give much info on them.

Berta,

I can see him running from that right now and you gave me a good visual

to laugh at.

When he saw the criteria he knew it was well above his level of expertise ~lol.

I nominate you to be our detective and pull the accreditation information

(and hopefully other stuff)out of this repforvets group.

You know all of the exact questions to ask.

Please let us know if you are able to find out more on them

and if you feel they have anything legitimate to offer VBA claimants.

Thanks,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

What better people to handle your claim!!! They know exactly how to get a claim approved and probably in the shortest amount of time. Plus they probably have friends inside the VA. Think about it. Claims filed by them would be properly prepared and could be adjucated quickly, earning the adjudicator work product credits, with little work. Sweet!!! jmo

pr

pr,

I agree, they look good when they can get those EP codes quickly.

If it weren't for you, teaching me to put my brain to work,

I'd still be sitting at 20 percent.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Wholly cow!!!! -I got the regs here=I am wrong !

http://www4.va.gov/OGC/accreditation.asp

it says-

Section 101 also amends the fee provisions in chapter 59. Under these amendments, accredited agents and attorneys may charge fees for services provided after the claimant files a notice of disagreement in the case, rather than after the Board first makes a final decision in the case. The amendments also authorize VA to: (1) restrict the amount of fees agents or attorneys may charge and subject fee agreements between agents or attorneys and claimants to review by the Secretary, such review to be appealable to the Board; and (2) collect an assessment from any agent or attorney to whom VA pays fees directly from past-due benefits. Further, the amendments eliminate fee matters as grounds for criminal penalties under 38 U.S.C. § 5905.

(Link to full text of Public Law 109-461)

I didnt know 101 was amended!!!!! I guess anyone who is accredited can charge a fee if the NOD was filed after the lawyrs for vets reg came about.

I am stunned to read this and apologise to anyone who read what I had posted early-

many years ago a VSO at the local Bath VA told me only lawyers could charge vets a fee.

There were two out patients who he heard were charging vets to help them with their claims and he told me this was illegal.

Heck- accreditation cant be that hard to get-now I am now wondering why there aren't more sites like this one advertising on the net.

Then again- accreditation (as many of us know) does Not insure any of us that we will find a good vet rep.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.