Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod

Rate this question

pete

Question

I sent in a very detailed NOD on a 30% PTSD award I got. I recieved a letter from the VA asking if I wanted a DRO or the normal appeal. I replied that I wanted the DRO. I called the 800# to make sure they recieved my correspondence---they did. The person I spoke to said they have 4 DRO's and it would be twelve months bsfore they get to mine. My question to all of you is this---I go to the VA regularly for PTSD groups and individual counseling. Should I send the VARO copies of the results of these sessions during the next twelve months? Thanks.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

And make sure the VA knows of any side affects you have due to their anti-jungle pills-

also -have you lost work, or had any marital problems, or any legal problems that could be due to your PTSD? Have you ever applied for VA Voc Rehab and been turned down?

In the decision paperwork did they send you the PTSD rating criteria as to how they determined the 30%?

It is always possible that in determining your rating, they had evidence that should have awarded a higher rating.

DO you have copy of your complete c file ?