Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Weird Situation Lawyer

Rate this question

gp747

Question

I contacted a lady at state veterans affairs who represented me the last time i filed for an increase. I asked her if she would represent me for my possible claim for increase.

When she represented me before i became impatient and hired legal help for veterans.

However no sooner than i hired them my claim was approved and they said i did not owe them anything and what i was approved for they said was their goal also.

So i figured my relationship with legal help for vets was over and from what the lady told me there they were happy for me ,no harm done.

So when i contact the state lady she says she cannot represent me as she looked on the computer and says i still have a private atty and needs a letter from them saying they no longer represent me.

I have an appeal in about my eed and the letter from va says the state vet affairs is representing me on that, what gives?

I emailed the lawyer and told them ,but i think the lady at state is wrong the new claim for an increase ,i cannot have a private atty any way at the ro level. man glad i am looking into all this before i file for an increase.

Edited by skunk

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
I contacted a lady at state veterans affairs who represented me the last time i filed for an increase. I asked her if she would represent me for my possible claim for increase.

When she represented me before i became impatient and hired legal help for veterans.

However no sooner than i hired them my claim was approved and they said i did not owe them anything and what i was approved for they said was their goal also.

So i figured my relationship with legal help for vets was over and from what the lady told me there they were happy for me ,no harm done.

So when i contact the state lady she says she cannot represent me as she looked on the computer and says i still have a private atty and needs a letter from them saying they no longer represent me.

I have an appeal in about my eed and the letter from va says the state vet affairs is representing me on that, what gives?

I emailed the lawyer and told them ,but i think the lady at state is wrong the new claim for an increase ,i cannot have a private atty any way at the ro level. man glad i am looking into all this before i file for an increase.

(Third try to reply, having problems with Firefox after updates)

It's reasonable for the state rep to ask for something from the lawyer saying that they don't currently represent you.

It sounds like the VA did not get (or lost) the form saying that the lawyer represents you.

(Third try to reply, having problems with Firefox after updates)

It's reasonable for the state rep to ask for something from the lawyer saying that they don't currently represent you.

It sounds like the VA did not get (or lost) the form saying that the lawyer represents you.

Well i sent an iris to find out as i have an appeal going on and the state is supposed to be reping me on it.

• HadIt.com Elder

All you have to do is fill out a Power Of Attorney (VA Form # 21-22) and give it to whomever you want representing you. It is then up to them to forward it on to your local VA Regional Office (of course, if you so choose, you can send a copy along to the VARO also). Once they receive this POA all other POA's are null and void.

Problem Solved.

All you have to do is fill out a Power Of Attorney (VA Form # 21-22) and give it to whomever you want representing you. It is then up to them to forward it on to your local VA Regional Office (of course, if you so choose, you can send a copy along to the VARO also). Once they receive this POA all other POA's are null and void.

Problem Solved.

Great ,i needed to know that thanks.

• HadIt.com Elder
Great ,i needed to know that thanks.

My lawyer just sent me a copy of the letter they sent to the VARO notifying them that they no longer represent me so if I have to file anything in the future I have a copy of the letter so the VARO will NOT be able to say I have to use the lawyer I know how to file my own claims and if it gets to the point I need a lawyer again I will lol