Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Learning Need Advice

Rate this question

rdnkjeeper

Question

I filed a NOD about my claim on my back, about a month ago they sent me a form 9 to fill out. I went to my VSO and he helped me fill it out. Basically it just said to look at C&P dated such and such because it wasn't listed in the evidence. Going off that C&P it clearly shows that I "rate" the next larger percentage. Well today I got a letter about travelling section of the BVA. Now for my questions.....what is the traveling section of the BVA? Why don't they just look at the "new" evidence? Is it possible that they would just look at it and say "hey your right" and increase my rating?

Thanks

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

testvet-guess some people from South Carolina think alike part of the time. Should have added that each time asked for reconsideration included new evidence. You can't expect VARO to make different decision on the same evidence. You have to feed them some more timely, hot off the press evidence.

BTW after my 5 year adventure I did much better on claims. In early 2001 went 50% to 70% first try-few months. In June 2002 TDIU P & T less than month. In 2004 got SMC 'S' for AO Cancer in less than a month. So guess it ain't all bad. Also SSD in four months, even before TDIU.

Edited by evandc

So how can I apply for reconsideration at the RO? It doesn't help that my VSO only works in my area 1 day a week and can ONLY be gotten on that day.

Thanks for all the help!

• HadIt.com Elder

just write the VARO a letter and tell them you want them to reconsider it on the basis of the fact they ignored the C&P and it was not listed in the evidence when you received the denial, and that you do not want a BVA hearing at THIS time, and that you reserve the ability to file an appeal to the BVA after the reconsideration is done. Just write it on a piece of paper and mail it they will send a copy to your SO, then they will probably call you lol

• HadIt.com Elder

John I have to agree appeal appeal and appeal most veterans get tired of the BS and the stall tactics and quit before the claim gets to the right forum or some one that will take the time to listen and look at all the evidence