Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Sc A Overlooked Nsc Condition?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Here it is. Got examined for award not too long ago, doc report shows and validates a condition that has been NSC for several years. Its listed on current report second on Axis I. Does that matter? Ideas? It wasn't mentioned or referred to in recent decision letter and is not Axis II. I get treatment for this at the VA and its been denied before.

Interesting?

Cg

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Cowgirl here, IU is indivdual unemployability. Are your 15 issues non-service connected (NSC)? Meaning, have they been recognized as NSC with any prior claim decisions you've received? Do you have a current claim in, if so what for - a new Service Connection (SC) or increase for SC?

Best to ya,

p.s. Information on these terms or abbreviations are available in the search feature.

Hi Jbasser, what is a IU status? I have like 15 issues and need them to be service connected I am on aid and attendance, I have Hodgikns Disease went thru chemo at the VAMC also seeing a DR for PTSD and on meds for that what else must I do Please Help

Bill

I am SMC S I don't see any reason to keep filing claims just to get it SC I am SC for PTSD, CAD and hypertension and I understand that you can only get one S award anything else seems over kill

How do I follow up on this and get a C&P exam or do I need one or do I tell my Primary I want IU based on my PTSD?

Bill

I am SMC S I don't see any reason to keep filing claims just to get it SC I am SC for PTSD, CAD and hypertension and I understand that you can only get one S award anything else seems over kill

DIC-Dependency Indemnity Compensation (dependents and survivors): (do you have wife/minor children?) if a service connected disability does not cause your death, you must be continuously rated totally disabled for a period of 10 years immediately preceding death. So if a vet would die and a service connected disability was not a factor in his/her death (less than 10 yrs totally disabled) the VARO will try to deny DIC benefits. Therefore, you may want to still file for new conditions requesting service connection "if" you have not been totally disabled from your service connected conditions for less than 10 years. **My point is, if you have dependents--you may still want to file for anything you have a chance of being granted service connection for. No dependents? I can understand being tired of the VA's Bullsh-t and not filing, just go fishing, whatever, enjoy life, hopefully. Just my opinion. Good luck.

"How do I follow up on this and get a C&P exam or do I need one or do I tell my Primary I want IU based on my PTSD?

Bill "

Is your rating at NSC "0" or SC "0"?

For IU due to PTSD you must establish that the PTSD is due to your service and that medical evidence would warrant an IU rating.

After you file a formal claim then a C & P exam will be ordered.

Unless you have the CAR, CIB, or the PH on your DD 214-you will need to prove the nexus to your service-that is the VA will need proof of whatever event caused the PTSD.

A IU rating involves a SC disability that pevents you from wprking- solely due to the IU SCdisabilities.

"How do I follow up on this and get a C&P exam or do I need one or do I tell my Primary I want IU based on my PTSD?

Bill "

For IU due to PTSD you must establish that the PTSD is due to your service and that medical evidence would warrant an IU rating.

Unless you have the CAR, CIB, or the PH on your DD 214-you will need to prove the nexus to your service-that is the VA will need proof of whatever event caused the PTSD.

A IU rating involves a SC disability that pevents you from wprking- solely due to the IU SCdisabilities.

bERTA, aLL i HAVE IS MY OWN VERBAL COMPLAINT THAT i WAS RAPED IN BASIC TRAINING AT fT. kNOX, kY. AND i CAN PICK HIM OUT TO THIS DAY AND MY DRILL SARGENT AND MY BARRACKS SARGENT, HE IS THE ONE THAT TOLD ME TO FORGET ABOUT IT "SOLDIER", AND GET BACK IN YOUR BUNK!!, i AM NOW SEEING A PCHYSCHIATRIST AND HE HAS ME ON MEDS AND I HAVE SUFFERED 2 MAJOR HEART ATTACKS DUE TO THIS PERSON I AM NOW 57 YEARS OLD AND DO NOT EVEN WANT TO THINK ABOUT A RELATION SHIP I DO HAVE A FEW LIKE 1-2 FRIENDS THAT I HAVE TOLD, BUT NO ONE ELSE AND IT IS REALLY STARING TO TAKE IT'S TOLL ON ME FOR SURE BUT THANKS FOR LISTENING, LOMA LINDA- BILL

Bill "

Berta,

All I have is the Pchychiaritist that I am seein now, and his report along with the MST councleor that I am seeing and my DR has me on antidepressentants due to my PTSD, he is willing to write me a letter to that fact and my current gaf is 45. That is all I know for know He knows I can not work due to my PTSD, and my Neuropathy, with loss of use of my right hand due to chemo I recieved at the Loma Linda VAMC for Hodgiks Disease.

Bill