Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Sc A Overlooked Nsc Condition?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Here it is. Got examined for award not too long ago, doc report shows and validates a condition that has been NSC for several years. Its listed on current report second on Axis I. Does that matter? Ideas? It wasn't mentioned or referred to in recent decision letter and is not Axis II. I get treatment for this at the VA and its been denied before.

Interesting?

Cg

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

j - Sorry, I'm going to disagree here. The only ways the VA can take away TDIU is if there was an error in awarding it or they find the claimant working and the claimant has a proven record of employment of one year.

pr

Any Veteran who has IU status should always seek 100 percent schedular if they have the service conenctable conditions.

Any type of IU can be questioned and all it takes is a misunderstanding from a DOc to get your IU taken away.

J

My 2 cents: Remember the VA always loves to make things more complicated than they are, giving them more chances to deny. Ultimately, you will have 2 seperate issues:

1. Service connection for your overlooked condition. You can use the docs opinion, plus more evidence, to try to get it service connected.

2. The Effective date. The VA most always gives you what Jack Dempsey calls the "one-two" punch. First, the VA tries everything to keep you from being service connected. Then, after you do win service connection, they manipulate the effective date to make it appear like you didnt apply until yesterday for benefits you had really been seeking for decades.

The VA does not want the Veteran to "have any peace", but rather is in a constant war for benefits, always hoping you will give up. They keep on fighting you, even when, the US Supreme Court Justice says, "The governments position is largely unsubstantianted in about 70% of the BVA cases". The VA knows that even when they have a weak case against the Veteran, there is still about a 50% chance the Veteran will die/ give up or simply become too sick to continue the fight before he gets his benefits. As the Captain says, "Never give up."

My 2 cents: Remember the VA always loves to make things more complicated than they are, giving them more chances to deny. Ultimately, you will have 2 seperate issues:

1. Service connection for your overlooked condition. You can use the docs opinion, plus more evidence, to try to get it service connected.

2. The Effective date. The VA most always gives you what Jack Dempsey calls the "one-two" punch. First, the VA tries everything to keep you from being service connected. Then, after you do win service connection, they manipulate the effective date to make it appear like you didnt apply until yesterday for benefits you had really been seeking for decades.

The VA does not want the Veteran to "have any peace", but rather is in a constant war for benefits, always hoping you will give up. They keep on fighting you, even when, the US Supreme Court Justice says, "The governments position is largely unsubstantianted in about 70% of the BVA cases". The VA knows that even when they have a weak case against the Veteran, there is still about a 50% chance the Veteran will die/ give up or simply become too sick to continue the fight before he gets his benefits. As the Captain says, "Never give up."

This is so true even with my case I now have 23 issues that have developed, since I got out of service incuding, PTSD/MST, EED, and on and on, so I agree do not give up ever!!!!

Loma Linda Bill

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Vet centers are also an option for MST counseling. The atmosphere is a bit more inviting.