Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pain Stimulator

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I will soon be undergoing a procedure were they will insert a electronic stimulator device in my back with lead wires connected to some nerves. I have a claim with the VA for my back. Will this procedure help my claim? or hurt it?

Papa

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

treaments should not have an effect on the claim either your back was hurt in service or it wasn't I have had back surgery previously and since then instead of just the one repaired disk now I have 3 herniated disks and they refuse to operate on me further due to heart disease if you are like most people your back problems will only get worse as you age and expand into other areas of your spine I am not rated for back problems they just give me percocet to deal with the pain but getting basically a tens unit implanted in your back is not going to cure the problems I don't think the procedure will strengthen your case nor hurt it, I just hope it brings you some relief have they tried the injections yet? My brother in law ended up having hardware installed in his back and some how he popped the screws from the rods and they had to redo the surgery to repair it, once your back is screwed up seldom do the docs ever really "fix" it.... but really I don't think this will help or hurt your claim

Edited by Testvet

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Testvet is correct. It might be more beneficial to get a second opinion and possibly try out pain block injections first. I had three pain blocks. The first one did not work. The second was beneficial. The third made a big difference. Also, the VA gave me a TENS unit which realllly helped a lot. It's worth asking them for one.

• HadIt.com Elder

Remember that all doctors get paid the big bucks for doing procedures. Every pain doctor makes their money not on giving you pills, but doing injections and implanting devices in your body. Injections have many less risk factors than implanting some device near your spine. I have the miserable back pain as well. I take percoset and suffer, but I know it can get worse. You don't want to make is worse by letting the doctors finance their boat on your back. If the VA is going to do it you are just a teaching tool for future millionaire pain doctors. Get a second opinion.

I've had all the injection that did not help. I have taken meds. I've had other doctors advse me, and I do not want major back surgery. Getting old is the pits, maybe this device will let me dance again :blink:

Papa