Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Review

Rate this question

George2002

Question

Ok, I am at 80% (70% PTSD, 10% Diabetes). I had parts of my original claim denied, which I appealed. Consisted mostly of cardio, vascular, etc. I also applied for unemployability at the same time that I appealed the denied parts of my claim.Had a psych review and medical review in Feb 2010. My original PTSD Global assement score was 45, the new score is 35. I think the 45 score is what put me at 70%, so if I am reading the charts correctly, a GAF of 35 should put me at 100%?Also, the medical doc stated that back in Oct/Nov the government approved a lot of the cardio/vascular problems under the ischemic heart thing and that I should be entitled to a ratings degree for that. Is this correct?Finally, I was told that ED, if s/c, pays an additional amount monthly. If so, what is the amount and what is the qualifications.Thanks, Folks.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ok folks, thanks for the info. Still waiting for my results for both unemployability and for the denied parts of my original claim. I did talk to a person on the IRIS line, was told that the umemployability would probably be decided first, because the DRO would be reviewing the denied parts of my original claim. All denied parts of my original claim are pending, so hopefully will received some good news about them. VA did state that cardio problems were not caused by DMII, so that was appealed. Have a great day, finally stopped raining here, time to get out the fishing gear and walk across the road to the lake!!!!!!!!!

Just got the letter today. Was awarded IU, effective pay date of Jan, 2010. Still have the medical claim being appealed to get to 100% s/c, but this will help in the meantime. During all this mess, it was discovered that I also have a hearing loss. A new claim was started on that in March, 2010, not looking for any answers for a while on that. I was told that the IU is normally decided first, then all the appeals and stuff like that are worked on. Seems that IU is more of a cut and dried issue, easier for the powers to be to make a decision and rating.Starting my original claim in Aug 2008, was placed at 80% in Apr 2009, and granted IU today. Not a bad turnaround time, all in all. There is hope at the end of the tunnel, folks. When they say no, just say yes and keep on appealing.

I have always believed that a TDIU decision is easier for VA then trying to rate many disabilities -but it all depends on if they have the TDIU form-

I am confused here- if they are going to pay you TDIU at the 100% rate-

only by fitting into an SMC criteria would get you more comp.

However it pays to get ratings on any disablity whatsoever that could either boost you into SMC scenario-or-if you have dependents-could possibly contribute to your death.

• HadIt.com Elder

COngrats ! Need to post this in success section - Yay, good feeling for you I bet. Of course, with your experience - if you can help others here that'd be great.

Just another struggling veteran who has learned patience and persistence pays off thanks to Hadit volunteers!

Cowgirl