Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Review

Rate this question

George2002

Question

Ok, I am at 80% (70% PTSD, 10% Diabetes). I had parts of my original claim denied, which I appealed. Consisted mostly of cardio, vascular, etc. I also applied for unemployability at the same time that I appealed the denied parts of my claim.Had a psych review and medical review in Feb 2010. My original PTSD Global assement score was 45, the new score is 35. I think the 45 score is what put me at 70%, so if I am reading the charts correctly, a GAF of 35 should put me at 100%?Also, the medical doc stated that back in Oct/Nov the government approved a lot of the cardio/vascular problems under the ischemic heart thing and that I should be entitled to a ratings degree for that. Is this correct?Finally, I was told that ED, if s/c, pays an additional amount monthly. If so, what is the amount and what is the qualifications.Thanks, Folks.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Ok, I am at 80% (70% PTSD, 10% Diabetes). I had parts of my original claim denied, which I appealed. Consisted mostly of cardio, vascular, etc. I also applied for unemployability at the same time that I appealed the denied parts of my claim.Had a psych review and medical review in Feb 2010. My original PTSD Global assement score was 45, the new score is 35. I think the 45 score is what put me at 70%, so if I am reading the charts correctly, a GAF of 35 should put me at 100%?Also, the medical doc stated that back in Oct/Nov the government approved a lot of the cardio/vascular problems under the ischemic heart thing and that I should be entitled to a ratings degree for that. Is this correct?Finally, I was told that ED, if s/c, pays an additional amount monthly. If so, what is the amount and what is the qualifications.Thanks, Folks.

Are you a DAV member?

Are you a DAV member?

Not trying to be a wise guy, but what does being a member of the DAV have to do with getting an answer to my question? I do have a vets rep, if that is kind of what you are implying. Figured with as many people that come on here, I would be able to get a couple of opinions.

• HadIt.com Elder

George no disrespect but they have to implement the new rules and as far as I know it still being set up. You should ask for an increase based on what they are doing in my opinion

• HadIt.com Elder

George2002 - I was gonna answer but your attitude pissed me off. Sorry!!! You might try not attacking those you ask for help. I don't know why MikeR asked the question but . . . jmo

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

Special Monthly Compensation (SMC) for ED-erectile dysfunction is referred to as the K-award which pays you a flat $96 per month in addition to any other percentage compensation. I believe it is identified by "NERF" no effective remaining function. Which I believe is no erection/no ejaculation ability. ** Also, George when some one ask if you are a DAV member (or any other service organization) they are very probably wondering if you have "representation" assisting you with filing the necessary VA paperwork. Most every one on here tries very hard to avoid any thing personal.

Attitude: means a lot with obtaining advice/help.

Gratitude: don't be afraid to say thanks, don't be offended so easily.

Latitude: move laterally around any problems you are confronted with----before you bang on the door in anger. There are a lot of good people on board Hadit that will try to help and are very experienced with moving laterally around a problem. Be patient.

"Also, the medical doc stated that back in Oct/Nov the government approved a lot of the cardio/vascular problems under the ischemic heart thing and that I should be entitled to a ratings degree for that. Is this correct?Finally, I was told that ED, if s/c, pays an additional amount monthly. If so, what is the amount and what is the qualifications.Thanks, Folks."

I am surprised that if you already had claimed the cardio problems as secondary due to the SC DMII -that they denied that-

then again-the VA often tries to say the cardio problems predated the DMI so not secondary (because they probably failed to diagnose DMII when it was first manifested-

YES-file a claim under the new presumptive for ISchemic heart disease- I assume the DMII rating you have is due to AO.

What was the reason they denied the TDIU claim? or is this claim still pending?

The GAF is only one part of an over PTSD rating but then again my husband had GAFs from 34 to 26 and he was 100% for PTSD.

He received SSA as well solely for PTSD. He had also ample medical evidence that hs PTSD prevented him from workng.

DO you receive SSA and is it solely for your SC conditions?