Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When Is A Claim A Claim

Rate this question

shag

Question

Most vets would say that a claim is a claim when the VA says it is a claim or when the vet thinks there is a claim. And we talk here on this board and in the VA waiting rooms about claims being decided. Just my thoughts: The claim is a claim when the vets service records show the disability or injury or illness occured. So,,,excuse me,,,where is there a decision to be made? The only decision to be made is the extent of the disability (percentage wise). A lot of things would, IMHO, go faster, and easier if (and jump me if you want,,,,but this MUST be said.) folks without legitimate claims filing in the first place... It is NOT the lottery, and again (jump me if you must,,,,but this MUST be said.) there are legitimate folks out there with legitimate claims who can't get through because somebody is trying to shake the system. (....i.e. making claims that they, in their heart of hearts know are bogus just to see if they MIGHT get it through and get some money)

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Ranting is OK, most of us do it at one time or another. Healthy discussions is a good thing because it keeps us aware. Just remember that you are one of us. We all have our issues and challenges. Each of us has good and bad days. I know I've posted some comments on my bad days that I'd like to take back. We need to remember that forum posts may act as triggers for some vets and be kind to each other.

Ranting is OK, most of us do it at one time or another. Healthy discussions is a good thing because it keeps us aware. Just remember that you are one of us. We all have our issues and challenges. Each of us has good and bad days. I know I've posted some comments on my bad days that I'd like to take back. We need to remember that forum posts may act as triggers for some vets and be kind to each other.

No matter one says or does onthis BB, I know there is one thing that will get you kicked off.......

PM me for answer....... and it is fact....

Thanks perl.......You are probably the only one who figures that I had a visit to the place yesterday.....Actually, it went well,,,although after (being followed half the day because they thought I was gonna go off or something) I was overwhelmed. I am better now and thanks for understanding. As you can probably figure, like most folks here, I have appeals that have been going a long time ('06) and it just gets next to me sometimes. You probably noticed to that I don't rant on a regular basis. So I apologize and BTW (FOTF LOL),,, I would be the last to try to take you millions.......(LOL)