Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Weird... Sudden Money, But Feel Anxious Instead Of Happy

Rate this question

hedgey

Question

Checked the bank account today to discover a deposit of a fat deposit from the VA in my DH's account. He's 50% and filed for an increase back in July. I tried to call him, call the VSO, but no one available. I could just wait and see what comes in the mail, but I hate seeing mysterious deposits.

He has spouse + one in-school child. The retro would go back to July, right? So if that means July should be included, and March should be included, that would be 9 months?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats , take a breather, it will all come together - then you'll smile! Do review the decision and discuss anything about it here you need further understanding on.

Yes, the anxious or dull feeling that came with my reward after working, worrying and waiting so long was like my last birthday - a big 'high' for the day and a 'so what' the day after.

All the best to ya! Hugs!

Cg

Hard to believe, isn't it? When I saw my check in the mail I wondered why somebody didn't steal it out of my mail box....and even then I couldn't believe it was real.

Save or spend it wisely ~

Thank you EVERYBODY!!

Yep, the big white envelope was in the mail yesterday afternoon, and today he's making an appointment to see his Vet Rep.

They gave him some new SC's we weren't expecting, denied 3 of his newly claimed conditions (which should've been easily SC'd to his original injury, not as secondaries), and denied his increase for his main problem... which was last rated 25 years ago. They also changed the diagnosis/condition code on it...?

I'm going to open another thread about the decision and ask for advice when I get it straight just what we think is wrong with it.

It feels ungrateful not to just be doing cartwheels and sending the VARO a fruit basket, but you'll see what I mean. Is it wrong not to just be thankful for what he got? I'm conflicted about that...

Meanwhile, this is a big surprise and an unexpected victory. It was downright scary to see that chunk plopped in the account; I'm glad to know I'm not the only one to feel trepidation about pennies from the VA. :lol:

Thanks again to everyone!