Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This Good

Rate this question

hulamatt

Question

Via IRIS

We have been in contact with your VA regional office; they have informed us that your inquiry has been forwarded to the team processing your claim for review and placement in your file. The regional office has made notes in the system that your health is deteriorating and requested to have your claim expedited so you may receive treatment for your conditions

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

In the last six months, I have sent six IRIS requests and only received responses to two of them, one of which was a completely wrong answer., corrected in the second one.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• HadIt.com Elder

100% agree with Carlie-sis on this one - if the condition is Service Connected or not Service Connected - increased or not - and you are a Veteran - you need care and Veterans are the reason the VA is.

Check this and see where you fit in for care -http://www4.va.gov/healtheligibility/Library/pubs/EPG/EnrollmentPriorityGroups.pdf

encourage you to CHALLENGE that statement in writing.

This is BS - adjudicating a claim has nothing to do with being able

to receive treatment for your conditions !

carlie

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

Hi Carlie, Hulamatt has posted elsewhere that he was discharged other than honorable and doesn't have the 24 months continuous service, so he doesn't meet the regular requirements for enrollment of health care.

What I think his is trying to do is get service connection for his disabilities, which will qualify him for health care? Is this right Hula??

Have you tried for a characterization of Service yet????

Everyone is right when they say that your claim being expeditious doesn't mean anything except that it is marked down on your file and you go to a different team within the VARO who have just as many cases. Except where your VARO might actually be on top of things, then it could mean it will happen a bit quicker. I know the Puerto Rico and the Philippines VARO's are moving quickly! LOL!

This is BS - adjudicating a claim has nothing to do with being able

to receive treatment for your conditions !

carlie

Edited by hawkfire27

We are a Vietnam vet and vet's wife, we are not lawyers or VSO's we're just learning as we go.

In the last six months, I have sent six IRIS requests and only received responses to two of them, one of which was a completely wrong answer., corrected in the second one.

ive sent two in the last month one a compliment and one a complaint, they answered within the 5 days like they said and then my complaint got a second follow up which is the one posted here, at first they said they were going to inform my varo, and the second one confirmed it

Hi Carlie, Hulamatt has posted elsewhere that he was discharged other than honorable and doesn't have the 24 months continuous service, so he doesn't meet the regular requirements for enrollment of health care.

What I think his is trying to do is get service connection for his disabilities, which will qualify him for health care? Is this right Hula??

Have you tried for a characterization of Service yet????

Everyone is right when they say that your claim being expeditious doesn't mean anything except that it is marked down on your file and you go to a different team within the VARO who have just as many cases. Except where your VARO might actually be on top of things, then it could mean it will happen a bit quicker. I know the Puerto Rico and the Philippines VARO's are moving quickly! LOL!

Thats right, was denied healthcare for not having 24 months, told to get it service connected and then i could get it, Characterization of service, is not going to happen till i get my decision, on whether it is service connected or not. They look at it all in one shot, i tried having them characterize my service after talking to a lawyer and they told me to send in a home loan guarantee, and they will decide my character of service, but all they said is i dont meet the requirements, as i had only been in three years, 1 yr guard 7 months reserve and the rest active