Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Still At The Bva !

Rate this question

bm6546

Question

My claim is still sitting at the BVA in Washington DC since Jan 09. The last time I checked it was still at the AL in Washington. My original claim was filed at the RO in June 06. Can anyone tell me when I might hear something on this almost 4 year old claim? I have heard nothing from the VA in over a year.

Would it help if I call the 800# or sent an IRIS e-mail? My local VSO office has 2 VERY NEW people there and I'm not sure how much help they would be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

I've waited this long and I'm not giving up....NEVER!!

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Brian, Hello. My Appeal has been at the BVA for two years. They denied my appeal, and I asked for "reconsideration". I have been waiting 7 months for the BVA to decide if they will grant a motion for reconsideration. I am patient only because I am already receiving compensation!

I call the BVA Ombudsman at 1-202-461-8069. FAX 1-202-495-5517

You have to keep asking general questions: can you tell me anything more? the last correspondence said this and that; has there been any movement? is there anything more I can do? Can I send additional evidence? etc. etc.

If you have additional evidence, FAX it to the above number.

Keep pestering them, FAX them a Letter or two, and tell them you are anxious to help in any way.

Hang in there!!! ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

x

x

x

Brian, Hello. My Appeal has been at the BVA for two years. They denied my appeal, and I asked for "reconsideration". I have been waiting 7 months for the BVA to decide if they will grant a motion for reconsideration. I am patient only because I am already receiving compensation!

I call the BVA Ombudsman at 1-202-461-8069. FAX 1-202-495-5517

You have to keep asking general questions: can you tell me anything more? the last correspondence said this and that; has there been any movement? is there anything more I can do? Can I send additional evidence? etc. etc.

If you have additional evidence, FAX it to the above number.

Keep pestering them, FAX them a Letter or two, and tell them you are anxious to help in any way.

Hang in there!!! ~Wings

Hi Wings, nice to hear from you.

I called the BVA and they told me they were waiting for the AL to "request an informal hearing". Then the AL will turn it over to the "Board" when the judge calls for it.

Not sure what this means and how long this will take. Why is the AL sitting on it? Can anyone give me the phone number for the AL in Washington? I will call them on Monday and also call the BVA ombudsman on Monday also.

Thanks for your help,

Brian

I've waited this long and I'm not giving up....NEVER!!

• HadIt.com Elder
Hi Wings, nice to hear from you.

I called the BVA and they told me they were waiting for the AL to "request an informal hearing". Then the AL will turn it over to the "Board" when the judge calls for it.

Not sure what this means and how long this will take. Why is the AL sitting on it? Can anyone give me the phone number for the AL in Washington? I will call them on Monday and also call the BVA ombudsman on Monday also.

Thanks for your help,

Brian

Brian, I do not know what "AL" means? Did you request a hearing? This doesn't sound right. Keep calling, and ask them what it means. Have you tried the IRIS system to contact the VA by email? ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

AL = ALABAMA ALASKA IS AK ( SORRY NOT SHOUTINHG)

Actually I think AL is Albania

One Shot, One Shovel