Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Still At The Bva !

Rate this question

bm6546

Question

My claim is still sitting at the BVA in Washington DC since Jan 09. The last time I checked it was still at the AL in Washington. My original claim was filed at the RO in June 06. Can anyone tell me when I might hear something on this almost 4 year old claim? I have heard nothing from the VA in over a year.

Would it help if I call the 800# or sent an IRIS e-mail? My local VSO office has 2 VERY NEW people there and I'm not sure how much help they would be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

I've waited this long and I'm not giving up....NEVER!!

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I wish the BVA would be forced to make decisions and not remands. This process eats up years and is designed to just bury veterans.

Ditto on John's.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder
I wish the ROs were replaced by lawyers the same caliber of the BVA attorneys who could render decisions right at the RO level.

BVA lawyers can read.

I wrote a letter requesting that my file stay at the BVA, and was told to do this by a BVA employee when I was filing my Appellants brief.

I am interested in finding out what this information is and how can it be of value to me as a claimant. BVA Ombudsman at 1-202-461-8069. FAX 1-202-495-5517.

Kim Stewart calls me about every 2 weeks to update me on what basically is nothing on my claim. She keeps telling me that it is still at the rating board in a pending status. I have been getting this for the last 4-5 months. She states that she is basically my case manager but she can't tell me nothing. I am so frustrated. It has been 6 years since I filed my claim for DIC and then of course got denied and then I had to ask for sc for death. I have only got communication on maybe 5 times in the six years that I have been filing NOD and the whole gammet of correspondence. I feel like when I call they want to tell me not to call anymore. No one knows nothing. You get so much conflicting information that it is a shame. At one time about 2 years ago I got excited when I was told there was a notation that my claim was on its way to authorization and then I was told a year ago I should recieve notice in about 2 weeks and still nothing. How often does anyone in this forum call the va to check on the status of their claims? Am I overdoing if I call at least once per month or twice a month. Please share any and all information.

• HadIt.com Elder
I am interested in finding out what this information is and how can it be of value to me as a claimant. BVA Ombudsman at 1-202-461-8069. FAX 1-202-495-5517.

Kim Stewart calls me about every 2 weeks to update me on what basically is nothing on my claim. She keeps telling me that it is still at the rating board in a pending status. I have been getting this for the last 4-5 months. She states that she is basically my case manager but she can't tell me nothing. I am so frustrated. It has been 6 years since I filed my claim for DIC and then of course got denied and then I had to ask for sc for death. I have only got communication on maybe 5 times in the six years that I have been filing NOD and the whole gammet of correspondence. I feel like when I call they want to tell me not to call anymore. No one knows nothing. You get so much conflicting information that it is a shame. At one time about 2 years ago I got excited when I was told there was a notation that my claim was on its way to authorization and then I was told a year ago I should recieve notice in about 2 weeks and still nothing. How often does anyone in this forum call the va to check on the status of their claims? Am I overdoing if I call at least once per month or twice a month. Please share any and all information.

I would call or fax them once a month, at least. Annoy them politley --and make them remember you. could expidite based on financial hardship? I forget the regulations --but I can look them up!! ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

• HadIt.com Elder
I would call or fax them once a month, at least. Annoy them politley --and make them remember you. could expidite based on financial hardship? I forget the regulations --but I can look them up!! ~Wings

x

x

x

"writ of mandamus"

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)