Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Make Sure Paperwork Is Turned In

Rate this question

erico541

Question

as most folks are saying ,lawyer up after your first turndown. while thqt is good advice i did the same thing and in between my first turn down and second turn down i too lawyered up. i received 100% sc disability in that time frame along with a housebound decision as well....sounds good only my lawyer did not turn the paperwork into the ss office. though they did make sure to send in the paperwork saying they were representing me. the moral of the story is if any service member has navigated the way through the va on their own. chances are they have better organizational skills then they give themselves credit for and make sure you still cover your own @#$ i feel i have taken it in the shorts on this one.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

as most folks are saying ,lawyer up after your first turndown. while thqt is good advice i did the same thing and in between my first turn down and second turn down i too lawyered up. i received 100% sc disability in that time frame along with a housebound decision as well....sounds good only my lawyer did not turn the paperwork into the ss office. though they did make sure to send in the paperwork saying they were representing me. the moral of the story is if any service member has navigated the way through the va on their own. chances are they have better organizational skills then they give themselves credit for and make sure you still cover your own @#$ i feel i have taken it in the shorts on this one.

So the moral of the story is...Be aware at all times...just as we must be with the VA. So sorry to hear that your lawyer didn't follow thru!

CHR49

• HadIt.com Elder

You can fight the atty getting paid by the VA and SS. He has to prove his charges.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Whether a Lawyer or a VSO it still remains that its your claim so even paying someone the results are yours to live with. I am sorry it happened to you and thanks for the reminder for all of us

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I had a ALJ hearing last week, where my latest treatment records were not forwarded by the VA to my lawyer to the ALJ, so the ALJ gave us a month to get the paperwork from the VA. My lawyer had them in his office two days later and uploaded them to the ALJ upon receipt of them. I was caught blind-sided, because I had no way of knowing what paperwork the ALJ had or how recent the records were.

So I'm not really sure if there was anything that I could have done differently. As for now, I sit and wait for an envelope in the mail.

"It is a terrible thing, when you lose your train of thought and you only have a one track mind"... Me

96C2P/96F2P (old MOS designations)

97E2P/37F2P (new MOS designations)