Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tuid

Rate this question

david walker

Question

I am getting my stuff together to send in for TDIU. Should I send a copy of the letter from my employer whe they were going to dismiss me for the DWI. Also, after the DWI in was committed to the VA hospital for detox. Also on the progress notes from the VA under QAI it asks the question (Is this admission related to a SC condition and the answer was "yes") should I send that in also?

Is there anything else I should send, should I write a letter stating why I am applying?

Does anyone know if I file for TDIU now, if it will effect the C&P I just had? or should I wait until they make a determination on the new C&P.

On another note, I have started having severe night sweats. I have started having terrible dreams, I never used to have dreams. I think this is due to stress and worry. They are so bad I have had to get up and move to the couch because the bed is so wet. My wife has moved the the spare bedroom cause she can't sleep with me. I feel so bad for her. I'm trying to do everything I can for her here at home. Hoping maybe it will relieve some of her stress. I know she really resents my not working, I'm just hoping we can make it thur this.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I am getting my stuff together to send in for TDIU. Should I send a copy of the letter from my employer whe they were going to dismiss me for the DWI. Also, after the DWI in was committed to the VA hospital for detox. Also on the progress notes from the VA under QAI it asks the question (Is this admission related to a SC condition and the answer was "yes") should I send that in also?

Is there anything else I should send, should I write a letter stating why I am applying?

Does anyone know if I file for TDIU now, if it will effect the C&P I just had? or should I wait until they make a determination on the new C&P.

On another note, I have started having severe night sweats. I have started having terrible dreams, I never used to have dreams. I think this is due to stress and worry. They are so bad I have had to get up and move to the couch because the bed is so wet. My wife has moved the the spare bedroom cause she can't sleep with me. I feel so bad for her. I'm trying to do everything I can for her here at home. Hoping maybe it will relieve some of her stress. I know she really resents my not working, I'm just hoping we can make it thur this.

hang in there david

Filing for TDIU ASAP preserves the earliest effective date if they award TDIU.

"Also on the progress notes from the VA under QAI it asks the question (Is this admission related to a SC condition and the answer was "yes") should I send that in also?"

Send that in as well.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not sure you want to call attention to a DUI as a reason for being TDIU. If you have PTSD or any other MH condition try and separate that out from alcohol or drug abuse. The VA denied my IU the first time saying I was unable to work due to opiate addiction. This was not true, but it delayed my IU by almost a year. I know substance abuse is common to many MH issues, but when it comes to working what I would want to share with the VA is the facts of my symptoms that make it impossible to work other than substance abuse. It is in your records, but focus on the emotional illness. The VA does not consider alcoholism as a compensable mental health disease, nor drug abuse. The consequences (non-functioning liver) could be SC'ed. You have to draw it all back to the compensable mental health issue and show that symptoms are due to the PTSD, depression or whatever else. I just think you don't want the VA to have a string to pull on to blame all your problems on alcoholism.