Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Alj Approved 100%

Rate this question

TiredSgt

Question

I had my ALJ hearing mid-March and was 100% approved by the ALJ, last week I received a thick summary of the hearing telling me my case was found 100% favorable in my decision and I was approved for SSD with an on set date Dec 2007.

Here's my question: When should I receive my first SSD check and more importantly the 2 years of back pay? It's been about 3 weeks since my hearing and all I've received was that summary of the hearing.

If anyone has any experience please respond....we sure could use the money or some good news. Thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Dear TiredSgt. I got my favorable in Dec 09. Got my first check in March 2010, Haven't seen back pay as of yet, next week will be my second monthly check. I called the SS office and someone told me five months after my first check. Go figure.

Edited by maset22

Dear TiredSgt. I got my favorable in Dec 09. Got my first check in March 2010, Haven't seen back pay as of yet, next week will be my second monthly check. I called the SS office and someone told me five months after my first check. Go figure.