VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd And Collecting Ssa

Rate this question

reconman

Question

I was just awarded full disability from SSA, and cant never work any

more how does the VA than rate me for PTSD if i cant work and am

disabilied ? I started my VA claim 4 months ago. Will they turn down

my PTSD since i cant work, but i attend 2 weekly meeting for PTSD

at the VA clinic and will be on going for a long time to receive

treatments as needed. MY GAF 39 and DDD were the reason i was

awarded by SSA at age 60. I was moved from SSI to full disability

March 17th and now will receive SSA monthly.

All replies will be accepted bless you

Thank you

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It should help you but what is your 10% for and can you show that you got PTSD from your Service?

10% for Malaria and i can show my stressor and a combat action ribbon and I was Aid Man in my recon team and it has my MOS 0311 rifleman and 8651 Reocon man and my dd 214 showed me as a Company Aid Man some what like Navy corpsman, Medal with a Cross of Gallantry with palm and frame. Seen death and saved lives while on duty in Vietnam so i can show this and plus i have copies of my mission reports with my name and serial number on the reports, and the men who were killed and sved while i was on patrol and my GAF score of 39 buyt a civilian and VA doctors both showed 39 GAF scores on 2 different days of 2 different months.

thank you for your reply

It should help you but what is your 10% for and can you show that you got PTSD from your Service?

• HadIt.com Elder

You asked if anyone thought that you have a claim and I believe that you do but it needs development, To be successful you need to be getting treatment, have a proper diagnosis of PTSD and be able to target an event or incident that links you to PTSD Stressor while you served.Your documents should help.

To get anything from VA you need to ask them to look at it.

Are you being treated at VA and if so you need to ask your Primary Care Physician for a consult to see Mental Health.

• HadIt.com Elder

Since you have Combat Action Ribbon your stressor is conceded. You have to get a DX of PTSD in your VA records and then your SSD should help you get at least IU. I think I would do as Pete says and get in treatment for PTSD at the VA. Get some records going and put in your claim for PTSD. Stay in treatment at the VA for the PTSD. Every visit helps document your PTSD. After you get SC'ed for PTSD stay in treatment.

Yes Im in a POST PTSD regular class and a PTSD medics class since i was an Company Aid man in my team. Yes im also be told i have Bi-polar disorder as part of me PTSD treatment. My past 3 GAF socres have been around 39 to 45. i just put into for ptsd and will add IU later after they give me a rating. My VA doctor is working to bring in my other medical isses as part of my lcaim. tinnnitus and loss of hearingin my hear rea, Mingraines, and hypertenion and than IU later to bring up my rating later to 100%

IM trying for

60% PTSD, part of SSA approval for my PTSD scores

10% Tinnnitus

20% Hearing loss

30% Degenergation Disc Disease why i got SSA approval letter for full disability

after the raters give me my rating

VA dont know yet about the last part of my claoim yet

For IU 30%

Agent Orange 10%

Post Tramatiaic Arthiatius 10%

to make the 100% total VA

Now I have to wait for the C & P exam if they ask for it !

I have all my partol reports and lso have no exit exam medical report

Thanks for you input and Bless you .

Since you have Combat Action Ribbon your stressor is conceded. You have to get a DX of PTSD in your VA records and then your SSD should help you get at least IU. I think I would do as Pete says and get in treatment for PTSD at the VA. Get some records going and put in your claim for PTSD. Stay in treatment at the VA for the PTSD. Every visit helps document your PTSD. After you get SC'ed for PTSD stay in treatment.