Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×

Agent Orange Clark Afb And Puerto Rico

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I got a PM that I could not respond to asking about Agent Orange from Clark AFB and Puerto Rico. Can anyone help?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

7 answers to this question

So far there are no AO awards for these locales that I know of.

BUT- as I posted here (I think Jim posted his entire BVA decision) James Cripps won the first CONUS AO award months ago. (AO exposure in S Carolina.

If a veteran has a disability on the AO presumptive list and can prove they were exposed to AO during the Vietnam War-anywhere-they can succeed.

Many Thailand vets have been awarded for AO as well since Kurt Priessman got the first AO Thailand award.

Although Kurt is member here-he is no longer available for contact as he has posted at numerous web sites his evidence from DOD and how he succeeded and he also was instrumental in getting the VA to issue a special C & P bulletin regarding Thailand claims.

If a vet had proven perimeter duty-the perimeters were where they used AO at many areas even in the USA to keep the weeks down.

There has been a AO Alaska Award too-I have it here but I hesitate to share it as I feel this award is

unusual as the case refers to documentation as evidence (I have the article) of the USA Corps of Engineers using AO on the pipeline in 1967 I think it was-but nothing in the case pinpoints the veteran's MOS at exactly where the Army sprayed the AO. Then again maybe the decision (from AMC) didn't list all the evidence they had.

It takes a lot of legwork and research but it paid off for many AO vets who were exposed to AO outside of Vietnam and Korea (those Specific KWV regs)

Current document disability on the AO presumptive list and proof of exposure to AO will gain AO comp.

Not easy but entirely possible -where ever they sprayed it.

Edited by Berta

Looking for anyone that served at roosevelt roads and surrounding islands that are suffering from shortness of breath and diabetes. early to mid seventies??????

tyson,

Welcome to Hadit.

You will get answers easier if you start your own topic on this.

Your questions are kind of buried in this thread.

Also, here's a link that might be helpful for you.

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?/forum/87-project-shadproject-112/

I answered the other post you made:

ALL of the SHAD ops should be listed here somewhere.I will try to find them and post a link.

I got a PM that I could not respond to asking about Agent Orange from Clark AFB and Puerto Rico. Can anyone help?

Hello sir i am trying to find out any information on if there was Agent Orange Stored,made, or sprayed at Clark AFB, and also Ramey afb PR, and GuamAFB. Because my Father was in the AF and there where time's that he would stand guard by the c-130 and the c-141's. the Va is trying to deny thay they where brought to any of those base's any and all information would help thank you very much.

This link contains the DOD list (pdf)of AO tested ,stored or used outside of Vietnam:

http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/outside_vietnam_usa.asp

There has at least one AO Guam award.Maybe more

“Post-service medical evidence indicates that, since 1993, the veteran has received treatment for, and been diagnosed with, diabetes mellitus. One medical professional has addressed the question of whether this disease is related to such exposure. In June 2005, a VA examiner noted that the veteran had had the disease for 12 years, had no parental history of such a disease, and had served in Guam, primarily in an air

field, which was often sprayed with chemicals. She diagnosed diabetes type 2 and opined that this disease was 50 to 100 percent more likely than not due to the veteran's exposure to herbicides between January 1968 and April 1970, when he served as a crew chief for the 99th bomb wing on the ground and tarmac. She explained that such exposure, rather than hereditary factors, better explained the cause of the disease given that the veteran's parents did not have diabetes.

As the record stands, there is no competent medical evidence of record disassociating the veteran's diabetes mellitus from his in-service herbicide exposure or otherwise from his active service. Relying primarily on the VA examiner's opinion, the Board thus finds that diabetes mellitus is related to the veteran's service. Based on this finding, the Board concludes that diabetes mellitus was incurred in service. Inasmuch as the evidence supports the veteran's claim, that claim must be granted. “

http://www.countyofkings.com/vetserve/Veterans%20Issue%20Folder/21-Agent%20Orange%20Decision%20on%20Guam.html

This type of favorable VA medical opinion doesn't happen too often.

The first Thailand AO vet and the first AO Conus vet did considerable research before VA granted their claims.

They both used the above pdf as a start and took it from there.

If he stood on guard on the perimeter of any air base during the war,there is good chance they sprayed the perimeter with AO and thus he was exposed to AO.

He should go over the info at the above link carefully and narrow down where he thinks he was exposed to AO (and if he falls within any spraying dates given)

Is his disability on the AO presumptive list?