VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam...rude Examiner

Rate this question

huff

Question

Are all C&p examiners rude?

I had one Friday (April 23, 2010), and before I opened my mouth to say good morning, I knew this guy would be a joy. From the get go, he complained and was very annoyed of how thick my file was, and kepy rolling his eyes at everything I said. He did not listen to anything, nor did he care. My wife witnessed the whole thing, and she was appauled at the whole exam.

I was medically retired, put on methrotraxate and remicade infusions, giving 30%, and have not worked since Jan. 04. Who should be torqued here? Me, or the PA?

Sorry all......just venting to anyone that will listen.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Well, you are not alone. I had a C&P exam last month. Although I had been warned, I was still surprised when I read the exam report loaded with outright lies and factual errors.

I corrected him verbally, once, but to no avail.

The VA system is lousy with these jerks.

Are all C&p examiners rude?

I had one Friday (April 23, 2010), and before I opened my mouth to say good morning, I knew this guy would be a joy. From the get go, he complained and was very annoyed of how thick my file was, and kepy rolling his eyes at everything I said. He did not listen to anything, nor did he care. My wife witnessed the whole thing, and she was appauled at the whole exam.

I was medically retired, put on methrotraxate and remicade infusions, giving 30%, and have not worked since Jan. 04. Who should be torqued here? Me, or the PA?

Sorry all......just venting to anyone that will listen.

Hi Huff,

Welcome to hadit, sorry for your poor experience. I can say that, although your experience isn't uncommon, I have had very positive experiences with the VA system at Togus, ME.

The important piece is that this persons attitude doesn't sway his observations with you during your appointment. Within a couple of weeks you can get a copy of his transcribed notes from the 'release of information' office at your VA hospital. You have to sign a release form, and put the date of your appointment ... and a mailing address. If you are not close enough to stop by conveniently, you can download the form, fill it out, fax it to the release of information office. You will have to make a phone call to find out the correct fax number though.

You can download the form here: VA Form vha-10-5345-fill.pdf- Release of Medical Information.

In my experience, I get my copies within a couple weeks of sending my release in.

Either way, thank-you for your service, and good luck to you.

--Jim

Life is good! B)

• HadIt.com Elder

Huff, you need to get a copy of the exam when it is available. The impressions dont look too good, but you never know. I have seen friendly examiners and I have also seen one who had already made their mind up and just wanted to actually see me.

Be prepared to get an IMO from a MD if yuou need one to dispute anything written by the PA.

Hang in there and get ready to fight, I feel it is on.

J

I've been badgered in a way I would not normally tolerate from both a VA examiner and a Social Security one.

That made me think it may be part of their training, like they were trying to raise a reaction from me.

Just don't take it personal, Huff- they are our servants.

All the best! B)