Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Completed My First C&p Exams

Rate this question

JerryVet6768

Question

B) I just completed two C&P exams, one for DMII and IHD, the second for PN.

I have questions for anyone with prior experience about what to expect and also some specific questions.

1. Re DMII, the cardiologist ordered a HbA1C test. Since I am on meds for DMII, what would that prove? If I am now in the 'normal' range due to meds would they try to back off the 20%(Metformin) to a lower disability?

2. Re heart disease, my last nuclear stress test did not show ischemia and I was able to get well over 10 METs before showing irregularities. Ten years ago, I was a mess on the stress test and an angiogram showed 100% blockage of right coronary artery, 50% circumflex and 40% LCA. No stents were done. Ten years of drinking my homemade red wine, exercise, and a cocktail of drugs (statins, niaspan, metorpolol and altace) have made me almost fine. My guess is that they'll rate me either 10% (because of all the meds) or 0%. Anyone want to weigh in?

3. Re the PN, the neurologist did all the sensitivity tests with sharp sticks, etc and said I was positive for PN. He also said that the clinical test was all that was needed and that EMGs, etc weren't necessary. Will that likely mean 10% for each extremity for a total of 40% or what?

The cardiologist, a female asked me if I had ED. I said no. In truth I can have an erection but I feel absolutely nothing, nada. Would that count as ED?

Thanks in advance to any brothers or sisters who can kibitz on any of the above.

PS VN, central Highlands,67-68,

Jerry

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Now that you have been rated you have 2 years to get Insurance and if you eventually go to 100% or get Social Security Disability you can have premium waived.

Be sure and read very carefully and save all paper work you get from VA

Congrats nice job by DAV.