Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Opinions, Anyone On Part Of My C&p Exam Information

Rate this question

halos2

Question

...It is more likely than not a relationship exists between the diagnosis of HTN as secondary related to the veterans service-connected PTSD.

...See additional definitive medical literature, scientific evidence, medical journal articles linking a highly significant association between PTSD and medical disorders, including HTN. ...

I believe it sounds/reads very probable it will be a grant...another one links too...

Pondering just what criteria they use to determine the % they use too?? :ph34r: :)

Edited by halos2

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Berta, you are a gem.

dav_marine 72, I think the 0% S/C is such a freakin farce! Either you got it or not! The ways they used to not grant $ is so wrong. I know as you without the antihypertensive medication you would more likely than not(pun here sorry had to use va terms) stroke out and could even die. :)

I am hoping the va wakes up and starts granting on the first or second time around with these types of claims. Gonna check out Berta's referrenced post now. Good luck. B)

Berta, Unlike the repondent in the case study you submitted, I am very compliant with taking my medication, but I wonder will the va grant when my b/p readings are in the therapeutic ranges? Will they grant a 0% instead of 10%?

Without my antihypertensive medication there is no doubt I would stroke out! My elevated readings are basically hidden in an ER visit, and with clinic visits, and clinic drop in's. One day I knew I was close to a stroke and walked in the clinic and they took my b/p and it was 154/116 and so they waited to take it again and it was 166/122 I told them my head was severly pounding...finally they ordered me a second med to take along with original.

With my 1st c&p for this condition my 3 readings were within 134-160 over 92-104...but with the second c&p more managable, and these are the readings they documented as they were told not to decision an opinion with the first exam.

Point being I don't remember the dates of hypertensive readings, however without these readings will they realize if medication not taken I will demonstrate elevations? I have so many pages to go through to find the extreme elevations.

BTW I was always hypotensive(low b/p). My usual for years was 60-70 over 40-50, so a fairly normal reading for me now on 2 antihypertensive meds is really an elevated level.

Complexing more now...

Edited by halos2

• HadIt.com Elder
Berta, Unlike the repondent in the case study you submitted, I am very compliant with taking my medication, but I wonder will the va grant when my b/p readings are in the therapeutic ranges? Will they grant a 0% instead of 10%?

Without my antihypertensive medication there is no doubt I would stroke out! My elevated readings are basically hidden in an ER visit, and with clinic visits, and clinic drop in's. One day I knew I was close to a stroke and walked in the clinic and they took my b/p and it was 154/116 and so they waited to take it again and it was 166/122 I told them my head was severly pounding...finally they ordered me a second med to take along with original.

With my 1st c&p for this condition my 3 readings were within 134-160 over 92-104...but with the second c&p more managable, and these are the readings they documented as they were told not to decision an opinion with the first exam.

Point being I don't remember the dates of hypertensive readings, however without these readings will they realize if medication not taken I will demonstrate elevations? I have so many pages to go through to find the extreme elevations.

BTW I was always hypotensive(low b/p). My usual for years was 60-70 over 40-50, so a fairly normal reading for me now on 2 antihypertensive meds is really an elevated level.

Complexing more now...

I read your "20 PAGES OF C&P EXAMS..." topic thread. Glad your BP is now under control.

Good luck on your claim.

Edited by Commander Bob

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

• HadIt.com Elder

Halos my HTN is secondary to my PTSD and it is also controlled with meds and they still assigned a 10% award I am also SC secondary for CAD secondary to PTSD so you should get the 10% for that anyway I don't know how they are going to handle the fibro though I have never seen it SC as secondary to PTSD before not saying it can't be done just that I have never heard of it before you will be the first case I have ever heard of even trying to get it SC secondary to PTSD

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Testvet, So when you received your + grant, did they relate it to the diagnosis HTN without elevated B/P readings, and because you were prescribed one or two or more antihypertensive medications?

Did you receive favorable results with this claim after your C&P, or did you have to appeal?

• HadIt.com Elder

I had to appeal and as long as I take my BP meds I am fine for the readings it is when it can't be controlled with meds that you get into the 30% rating for HTN with meds controlling it you get a 10% rating ni I had to appeal HTN and CAD to the BVA the local VARO would NOT rate it all they did was deny it from Dec 2002 the BVA Judge awarded the claim in April 2009 with an effective date of Dec 2003 I am still debating if I should fight with them over the earlier effective date based on the informal claim I made to then Sec VA Principi in Nov 2002 with a letter spelling out all my medical conditions except I called PTSD "stress" and listed the many problems I knew I was going to face in dealing with the VA GW1, the chemical and drug experiments at Edgewood Arsenal in 1974 and other issues between 1973 - 1992 the VARO does not like to award claims secondary to PTSD they like to make the BVA Judge award them that has just been what I have seen over the years

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."