Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reimbursement For Copays Since Tdiu Award

Rate this question

blackbird

Question

Hello Vets, Can anyone tell me if copays for private medical services made since TDIU can be refunded from the VA? I was granted TDIU back to August 09 and have had medical bills with copays that I've made since. The services were for treatment in January thru March of 2010, and I wasn't notified of the TDIU award until March 2010. So of course I wasn't even in the VA health system at the time.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Blackbird

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Larry,

I understand what you are saying about the 80%(AO related amd PTSD). I go to the VA for a physical once a year and get the free meds from them. I have never seen anyone for my heart issues at the VA and I have never been refered to one. I have to get this procedure done ASAP and my Dr. said I should do it now. I don't think I would get a heart appointment at the VA in a week or so unless I showed up on a stretcher at their ER. Anyway, I got to get in done sooner than later.

Bill

I understand, Bill, and you will be in our prayers.

I knew that you knew what I was talking about before I even sent my last post.

I wuz kinda "broadcastin' a message" for all the other folks on hadit (we have a very LARGE potential audience, thank G-d). Some of our "watchers" are not as up to speed as some others and when I answer a posting, such as yours, I usually wind up including information that does not necessarily mean that the poster is sloooow, but that some of our newer members here are not quite as "well versed" as some of the oldsters.

Anyway, you take it as easily as you can, Bill, and know that there are also, potentially, hundreds of hadit members and watchers that are wishing you be well.

Larry

• HadIt.com Elder

Think of a Thread as a conversation on a radio with lots of people using it to help but staying in the background. On the Home Page of Forum near the bottom you can plainly see that for 10 or 15 members reading and sharing with each other there are hundreds looking at posts and threads.

So thank you Larry for thinking of others when you post.

Thanks Larry,

I really appreciate your wealth of knowledge in these matters. People like you some other good dudes on this site make the journey easier.

Bill

• HadIt.com Elder

If my life depended on it I would go to the best doctor in town regardless of my VA status. I don't think the VA will pay deductibles. They only pay in emergencies and then you have to get transferred to a VA hospital pronto. I had a severe foot infection. If I had gone to the VA I believe they would have cut off my foot eventually. I used outside doctors and it was still a real pain being on IV drip for three weeks. When you are really sick you can't afford screw ups which the VA is famous for doing. I got DX'ed with a heart thing by the VA. I immediately went to a cardiologist near my home for SECOP. The VA was off base.