Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finding A Fellow Soldier For Statement

Rate this question

cannoncocker

Question

I used the search option but nada. I am looking for suggestions for sites or organizations that would help locate a felow soldier from about 1980 in Germany 2Bn/41st FA. A county VSO suggested:

1. http://army.togetherweserved.com/ costs about 20 bucks, which say zero would be better but in the long run it would be well worth it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated or your experience in finding an active duty fellow US Army. Either retired or etsed by now. for all I know he could be anywhere but i know is hometown was Houston.

Appreciate your experience in this. Nothing from a straight google.

David

Edited by cannoncocker

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

you are trying to find a needle in a haystack I have been online looking for veterans of the human experiments from Edgewood Arsenal from 1955 thru 1975 there are or rather were 7120 of them as of FY2000 a IOM report showed there were only 4022 survivors still alive in the past 10 years I have located 52 of them online mostly by them finding what I wrote about Edgewood and then they contacted me asking for help I have only found one man that was in the TDY group of 50 soldiers that I was in and he doesn't know where any of the others are

I have searched for friends from the Army from the 70s and 80s and I have never found any if the person you are looking for is retired you can send a letter sealed with your return address on it and if DFAS in Indianapolis is sedning him retirement checks or a direct deposit they would have his current address they can then forward it to him and if he wants to he can reply that way they have not given you his personal information and it is up to him if he wants to get involved if they don't have an address for him or if he is passed away they will most likely just return it to you as him being not known. Just an idea good luck

• HadIt.com Elder
I used the search option but nada. I am looking for suggestions for sites or organizations that would help locate a felow soldier from about 1980 in Germany 2Bn/41st FA. A county VSO suggested:

1. http://army.togetherweserved.com/ costs about 20 bucks, which say zero would be better but in the long run it would be well worth it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated or your experience in finding an active duty fellow US Army. Either retired or etsed by now. for all I know he could be anywhere but i know is hometown was Houston.

Appreciate your experience in this. Nothing from a straight google.

David

I contacted my Congressman's office and they were able to get "after action reports", unit morning reports and brigade daily logs, as well as other documents that will help support my claim. Have you contacted your congressional rep.???

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Post, TestVet. And good information. I'd never thought of doing that.

Another thing I've had some success with is,

if you know the town and state they were from

your can check their name through the property appraiser's

(property tax accessors) web site.

carlie

I contacted my Congressman's office and they were able to get "after action reports", unit morning reports and brigade daily logs, as well as other documents that will help support my claim. Have you contacted your congressional rep.???

Are you serious? You were really able to get this kind of information from your Congressman's office??