Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finding A Fellow Soldier For Statement

Rate this question

cannoncocker

Question

I used the search option but nada. I am looking for suggestions for sites or organizations that would help locate a felow soldier from about 1980 in Germany 2Bn/41st FA. A county VSO suggested:

1. http://army.togetherweserved.com/ costs about 20 bucks, which say zero would be better but in the long run it would be well worth it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated or your experience in finding an active duty fellow US Army. Either retired or etsed by now. for all I know he could be anywhere but i know is hometown was Houston.

Appreciate your experience in this. Nothing from a straight google.

David

Edited by cannoncocker

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hi clark, neighbor, since I end up all over the SE from the Red Neck Riviera to North Cackalacky. I will try that and am on my way there now. After jumping any hoops they have I will report back and let the members know how it goes: easy/hard/not possible/info needed. This would be very important if it works out given the import of buddy statements in our claims.

Good luck to you and God Bless.

Edited by cannoncocker

I have personal experienc with the property appraiser method so that is possible. Although all I have is his full last name and two initials for his first= J D !!!!!!! I do know where he did live and probably still does.

He got out and then got back in so odds are he stayed since he had time to weigh the plus and minus of the Army. So the DFAS in Indianapolis is another goodun.

http://www.military.com/buddy-finder/

http://army.togetherweserved.com/ but 20 bucks on a shot in the dark is not my first choice.

The situation I am trying to Corroborate is a FA acident, or near fatal accident. I just wrote the whole thing and decided to erase it. That just isn't something you go around telling, but rest assured no commander is going to log that, especially since only the members of our crew and some of our company even knew it happened but if things had gone south plenty of people would have been aware. It just happens when you mix people, 3am, days without sleep and High explosives.

Thanks for the leads.

Here is another site you might look at and make a post!! http://www.vva.org/archive/TheVeteran/2005_05/locator.htm

• HadIt.com Elder

When I went to Private Investigator school I was taught that if you knew a persons name and an address that he lived at for a period of one year at anytime during the persons lifetime that you can track them through TRW the rest of there life. Have you considered calling a Licensed Private investigator and tell him what info you have and ask for a quote. The last time I used a Private inverstigator was 1993. For $60.00 he gave me the guys social security number, last known address from the DMV and TRW. Although I completed school I did not work in the industry long enough to be licensed. PI's have direct access to the DMV and TRW computer data base in the state where I live.

Some other ideas. If you know the county they live in, name and a date of birth you can check the court system to see if they were on probation. Also if they were named in any law suits. I did this online and for free to find my brother.

Edited by Hoppy