VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cpap Just Arrived

Rate this question

USMC_HVEQ

Question

I was just wondering how servere my OSA is compared to others. 10.0Cm H20 is my setting.....I am not SC'd, but did put in a claim for OSA. All i have is the sleep study results for evidence.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

For me I had to go to VA and have a sleep dtudy done even though I had gotten my CPAP using Medicare but I thought that why should I pay copays when the VA is responsible for anything medical that I need.

I got a CPAP from VA about 3 years ago. All I know about my machine it that it is set at 12 but seems to work pretty good. Its a pain in the tookus but it is very important to clean it once a week.

Good Luck on yours

I was just wondering how servere my OSA is compared to others. 10.0Cm H20 is my setting.....I am not SC'd, but did put in a claim for OSA. All i have is the sleep study results for evidence.

FYI, the VA supplied me with the CPAP. I got a call 2 wks after my sleep study but it took about another month to actaully schedule and drop it off....stay tuned...zzzzzzzzz

I have an auto CPAP, and I average 17CM H2O. It may take a while to get used to it, so if you do not like the nasal interface try a different one until you fin one you like. Good Luck!

Just had my first night with it at home. It was definitly different thent he sleep study. I can say my body is definitly not used to it. I woke up multiple times gasping, thought i couldnt breathe. I took mask off/on a few times. I tried to leave it on. I'm a back sleeper and open mouth breather during sleep. I did not put any water in the humidifier, since my ac has been on and the apt is very cool. I'm wondering if I probably should have at least put in some distilled water w/o the heater part of the humidifier on? I did have cotton mouth a few times as well and had to take a swig of a beverage I had next to the bed. I just hope I can get use to it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Put the water in. Feel lucky many of the VA issue the model that does not have humidifier. I was the first at Dallas to get one like that.