Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

On Hold Waiting To Talk About A Claim I Did Not Know I Had

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I got a letter yesterday that is dated May 18, 2010 saying that I was denied for something from Fee Service that I did not know I had. The amount is not listed and it is to a Company I have never heard of before. They attached a form 4107 to explain I can appeal and send a NOD.

Yesterday I spent 50 minutes waiting to talk to Fee Service and today I am on hold waiting to talk to someone.

I think that the VA is trying to make me go insane or maybe they are insane.

Anway I am about to send in a NOD and explain that I don't know what I am disagreeing for or what it is about but maybe if I have a hearing I can find out cause their damn letter sure does not tell me.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

They may have got you mixed up with another vet. Is there another P. Sawyer that uses your VAMC?

• HadIt.com Elder

They may have got you mixed up with another vet. Is there another P. Sawyer that uses your VAMC?

Nope they were using my last four. I just talked to them after 1hour and 25 minutes of hold time. Fortunately I just put in the call and leave the phone on speaker and do other stuff or no way could I wait that long.

The verdict is I should have not gotten the letter but they changed their computer and it picked up and denied something that it should not have.

If I were evil I would write a NOD and Appeal to BVA but I don't really want another Vet to wait while they deal with their own nonsense.

Pete,

Can you contact the company that billed and see WTF it concerns ?

Maybe it has something to do with the in home health care ? ? ?

I can feel the flames shooting from your head ~ lol.

carlie

you proably had some service at some outside clinic and a long time has passed, and they finally got around to try to collect from you after they never got payment from anyone else int he chain... That happened to me, after I spent some time in an outside hospital,, I was getting letters f and billing from 3rd party doctors for services I never heard off. finally fee basis did agree to pay them..

Have you ever had services from some outside doctor besides the va... in the last couple of years?

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA sends a nurse and an aide twice a week. It is from someone else than Fee Service and we found out that the vaunted Vista Program was picking up bills from every where and saying that they are denied and than notifying mystified Veterans that their claim is denied and that they can appeal. Its another mess with new VA computers.