Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Claim In Montion.... Now What.... Having A Hard Time

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

I have submitted all I have and nothing yet. I started last October. A lady who filed in april has her c and p tomorrow same varo. Maybe hers was easier or more together I dont know. I am being treated for my ptsd and my psyc made me go to a group session today. i went for an hour. I am scared to death. I did talk I just sat there. I dont know I am in a daze. I cant work, cant think and worried sick cause I have no income and cannot pay my bills. not sure what or where I go from here but after 3 weeks I am be headed for homelessness again.

I dont know what time I should be doing what by way of therapy.... Then I find out my therapist is leaving in 3 weeks. we have only 2 more sessions. I just dont know. I dont know what to do.

Claim 1 & 2 /w pension Filed 10/23/2009 CnPs- Dec Phase 10/1/2010 Notification 10/12/2010 Closed 10/15/2010

Claim 3 Filed June 23,10 CNPs- Jan 2011 Dec Phase- Mar 2011 Notification- May 2011 Closed My 2011 (CLAIM DENIED)

Claim 4 Filed June 13,11 cnps-Na Dec Phase- Aug 2011 Notification- ...

Voc Rehab Claim Filed July 2011 Orientation-17 Aug 2011 Found Entitled- 17 Aug 2011 Classes paid- 19 Aug 2011 First Stipen Check- ...

***Under Ga VARO from 2009 - Until Present***

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I have submitted all I have and nothing yet. I started last October. A lady who filed in april has her c and p tomorrow same varo. Maybe hers was easier or more together I dont know. I am being treated for my ptsd and my psyc made me go to a group session today. i went for an hour. I am scared to death. I did talk I just sat there. I dont know I am in a daze. I cant work, cant think and worried sick cause I have no income and cannot pay my bills. not sure what or where I go from here but after 3 weeks I am be headed for homelessness again.

I dont know what time I should be doing what by way of therapy.... Then I find out my therapist is leaving in 3 weeks. we have only 2 more sessions. I just dont know. I dont know what to do.

You can have your VSO file an expedited claim due to hardship.

The more complex your claim is the longer it will take. At least that's what I've experienced. Also, you cannot compare your situation/claim to someone else's. As navydoc said you can ask the VARO, or your service rep to expedite your claim based on homelessness.

Hope this helps,

Bergie

Edited by *Bergie*

As a combat veteran, or any veteran for that matter!!!

If you thought the fighting was over when you came home, got out, or when the politicians said it was over.

Welcome to the real fight, welcome to VA claims!!!

"Just sayin"

• HadIt.com Elder

Just contact the social worker on your primary care team and ask what programs they have available for homeless veterans because you are going to need to know what to do when your rent runs out and end up on the street I don't which VARO you go to Charlie Norwood or one of the other ones's but all of the clinics should have a social worker that you can walk in and talk to

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Just contact the social worker on your primary care team and ask what programs they have available for homeless veterans because you are going to need to know what to do when your rent runs out and end up on the street I don't which VARO you go to Charlie Norwood or one of the other ones's but all of the clinics should have a social worker that you can walk in and talk to

MY VARO IS ATLANTA MY VAMC YES IS CHARLIE NORWOOD.

Thnx for you guys help I am mainly venting, I have submitted for an expidited claim and the va helped me get the house i just got. I am in a homeless program. But you still have to pay rent and bills thats the thing.. well bills not rent more so but I was just frustrated is all. Yes my claim is a little more complex due to no records. The va send me an envelope with all they found of my records. it was a copy of a pqr and a piece of the doc from my article 15. now thats something to reflect on. My entire military service reduced to that. They never found one piece of my records (smr). Oh well Thats just how its been for me. I am just down.

thnx

Claim 1 & 2 /w pension Filed 10/23/2009 CnPs- Dec Phase 10/1/2010 Notification 10/12/2010 Closed 10/15/2010

Claim 3 Filed June 23,10 CNPs- Jan 2011 Dec Phase- Mar 2011 Notification- May 2011 Closed My 2011 (CLAIM DENIED)

Claim 4 Filed June 13,11 cnps-Na Dec Phase- Aug 2011 Notification- ...

Voc Rehab Claim Filed July 2011 Orientation-17 Aug 2011 Found Entitled- 17 Aug 2011 Classes paid- 19 Aug 2011 First Stipen Check- ...

***Under Ga VARO from 2009 - Until Present***

• HadIt.com Elder

I use Charlie Norwood still I drive from Columbia to Augusta for my appointments 2 x a year for a cardiac check up, every 6 months for a PC check up and labs and every 3 months for the shrink med adjustment visits I have had excellent medical care in Augusta since my bypass surgery in Feb 1997 I have been dealing with the Columbia VARO though since I actually live in South Carolina they could not pay me to go to Dorn VA I tried it a few times the next time I willingly walk thru those doors it better be dead on a gurney

I wish I had something better to tell you especially if your records are missing are any people you know still on active duty that would be able to write statements for you?

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

If worse comes to worse get yourself admitted to psychiatric ward at the VAMC. You get three hots and a cot. This would be the last resort.