Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Plus Multiple Ratings?

Rate this topic

Afsp377th

Testvet is right, no SMC "S" unless one additional is 60% or housebound. The only other 'possible' considerstion would be a "k" award, but that seems unlikely.

IC/1 Navy, 100% Schedular + SMC, Shellback, Blue Nose, Crossed International Dateline and Prime Meridian.

II Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it looks like a 50% chance of either or, I am contacting my DAV rep today and getting the final scoop. I appreciate all of your responces, you cant ask for better help and concern. I will update the decision after I talked to the regional DAV office in Milwaukee. Thanks everyone! God Bless

A mob of unorganized soldiers is to an army as a pile of building material is to a house. Socrates

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi everyone, hope you all are safe and sound in mind and body this day. I am having trouble with the VA system here in Corpus Christi but thats not what I am gonna post :)

Any whoo...I received a rating of 100% for PTSD with 20% for Major Depression and 40% for Invertable Disc Syndrome and another 20% for arthralgia and knee pain. I dont know how this adds up. I havent gotten my envelope yet but my VSO told me the ratings and to wait for the ruling which he said will stay the same. One thing I have learned is dont pay any attention to the DAV. Any way I know 100% pays a X amount of $ what does the extra percentages mean? I am out of all of my meds so I am a little emotional and cranky so dont mind me. just been crying all day and pissing myself off. Any help would be appreciated. My email is Corey_hearn@hotmail.com if anyone wants to shoot me a letter :) holy shit I feel like crap.

Basically, it adds up to 100% by VA math. However, the remainder might be used to argue that SMC should apply. (Actually, getting one of the non PTSD ratings increased to a higher level before applying for SMC will be needed.)

At least you are at 100%. Congratulations and enjoy it while and if you can. If you do have mobility problems, etc. this can also help in obtaining additional compensation.

• HadIt.com Elder

It appears testvet was right and I was wrong. You'll at least need to get one increased to 50%. Also, if they gave you 100% for PTSD they should have discussed HB and A&A in your decision.

pr

Here's some excerpts:

(3) Additional independent 50 percent disabilities. In addition to the statutory rates payable under 38 U.S.C. 1114 (l) through (n) and the intermediate or next higher rate provisions outlined above, additional single permanent disability or combinations of permanent disabilities independently ratable at 50 percent or more will afford entitlement to the next higher intermediate rate or if already entitled to an intermediate rate to the next higher statutory rate under 38 U.S.C. 1114, but not above the (o) rate. In the application of this subparagraph the disability or disabilities independently ratable at 50 percent or more must be separate and distinct and involve different anatomical segments or bodily systems from the conditions establishing entitlement under 38 U.S.C. 1114 (l) through (n) or the intermediate rate provisions outlined above. The graduated ratings for arrested tuberculosis will not be utilized in this connection, but the permanent residuals of tuberculosis may be utilized.

(i) Total plus 60 percent, or housebound; 38 U.S.C. 1114 ( s ). The special monthly compensation provided by 38 U.S.C. 1114(s) is payable where the veteran has a single service-connected disability rated as 100 percent and,

(1) Has additional service-connected disability or disabilities independently ratable at 60 percent, separate and distinct from the 100 percent service-connected disability and involving different anatomical segments or bodily systems, or

(2) Is permanently housebound by reason of service-connected disability or disabilities. This requirement is met when the veteran is substantially confined as a direct result of service-connected disabilities to his or her dwelling and the immediate premises or, if institutionalized, to the ward or clinical areas, and it is reasonably certain that the disability or disabilities and resultant confinement will continue throughout his or her lifetime.

Phillip, Your second quote is appropiate, but the first quote has nothing to do with the link. It is part of paragraph (P) which can only be added to "L" to "N" SMC. Paragraph (P) 3 or (P) 4 can only be added once in a lifetime.

IC/1 Navy, 100% Schedular + SMC, Shellback, Blue Nose, Crossed International Dateline and Prime Meridian.

II Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use