Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Plus Multiple Ratings?

Rate this topic

Afsp377th

If you have 100% in one are or even in combined and it is not 100% permanent and total, you have a chance that they will take it away, we just found this out so I strongly advise you to apply for 100% unemployability which can not be reduced and you are entitled to so many more benefits, good luck and I hope you feel better.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have 100% in one are or even in combined and it is not 100% permanent and total, you have a chance that they will take it away, we just found this out so I strongly advise you to apply for 100% unemployability which can not be reduced and you are entitled to so many more benefits, good luck and I hope you feel better.

6peterson,

I do not know where you got the information above but most of it is either wrong or inaccurate.

"If you have 100% in one are or even in combined and it is not 100% permanent and total, you have a chance that they will take it away"

If you are covered by the 10 year protection reg - there is no way other than fraud that it can be severed.

If you are covered by the 20 year protection reg - there is no way other than fraud that it can be reduced.

IU can also be reduced and or severed, but is most of the time, unlikely to happen.

What are the additional benefits you see if granted IU ?

I am not sure what you are talking about 10 or 20 year but What we were told from our regional office along with every other operator that we talk to on the 1800 number is that if you are 100% and which we were at one time that it can and was taken away from us because we did not file for IU, so we now have done that and if you looked into it you are entitled to a lot more benefits if you are IU compared to just 100% like the chapter 85 which covers dependents education, CHAMPVA and dental coverage all which was not offerend when my husband was 100% but will be offfered if his IU gets approved.

6petersons

I am not sure what you are talking about 10 or 20 year but What we were told from our regional office along with every other operator that we talk to on the 1800 number is that if you are 100% and which we were at one time that it can and was taken away from us because we did not file for IU, so we now have done that and if you looked into it you are entitled to a lot more benefits if you are IU compared to just 100% like the chapter 85 which covers dependents education, CHAMPVA and dental coverage all which was not offerend when my husband was 100% but will be offfered if his IU gets approved.

Please get your facts straight. I know Carlie will clear this up but Chapter 85, you mean Chapter 35 and 100% TDIU pays the same as 100% schedular. It really doesn't matter but Carlie is correct in her post. I really would hope that you will take the time and read CFR 38 Part 4 in reference to TDIU. Also keep in mind that the 800# does not always give out the correct information. I am not trying to be mean; you just need to get your facts Clear to know what you are actually entitled to. P & T only means that the condition is expected to last the life time of the veteran but can still be reduced.

wow, you two are outrageous, instead of correcting me and stating the fact you just jump to prove me wrong with nothing to back you, I have read the information on IU and it is 100% and it is expected to last a lifetime, yes it can change as in everything, but what exactly is the 10 or 20 year thing that Carlie was talking about, why not explain??????

I am aware that the VA 1-800 number states stuff that is often wrong I have been dealing with the VA for the last 6 year calling in weekly and or daily , I have spoke with several supervisors, the IRIS system and reps from my local RO and the VA web site about IU and they all state the same, including the additional benefits that you are entitled to if it were to be granted. Sorry about the typo on chapter 35, this site seems to be more about arguing then being helpful, I could understand if you actually explained yourself and just stating the the 800 wants to get you off the phone as soon as possible after stating I was clearly wrong why not explain yourself on why I am wrong. I said I did not know what understand the 10 year or 20 year thing but there was never a response. My response was just dismissed with a obvious response.

I have had several reps on the 800 number get me off the phone as soon as possible but I have also had my fair share of them that have spent a good portion of time on the phone with me and when they can't help me they either send in another IRIS or send me to their supervisor. I by any means am not defending them as I have been hung up on several times when I try to question them on stuff but not everything that they give out is false.

If Carlie is talking about the 10 retirement thing that does not apply to us because my husband only served 4 years before he became ill. Please explain instead of judge people are looking for answers they do not come here to be told they are wrong, I can handle that but when you don't back it with a solution you are the one who is wrong.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use