Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Advertisement On Tv

Rate this question

carlie

Question

Two nights ago I saw a new advertisement on TV.

It's a company/law firm, I don't know anything about them yet.

I did call and leave some info to see if I get a call back.

I am not recommending them, I just want to know if other's

are seeing the advertisement.

I think that real soon we will see as much of this as we see

lawyers advertisements on helping get SSA benefits.

I think this specific advertisement is very misleading as their

contact number is 1 - 800 - VAHELPLINE.

This to me, makes it look like they are affiliated with the VA.

jmho

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you watch the Military Channel on cable there are lawyers advertising to represent vets many times a day. I think it is 1-800-vet-help or something like that. If there is enough money on the line I think the lawyers could bring order out of chaos in the VA claims system. When you file a SSD claim it is very orderly according to my VA lawyer who also does SSD claims. He said he never saw a SSD file that looked anything like the mess of a C-File. I filed with the federal workers compensation system and it is sort of like the VA. Because FECA is small and the law excludes lawyers from getting part of any settlement (there is no settlement) nobody wants to touch it. That is where the VA has been until recently. Now that the lawyers can get 20% of retro it is a different world. If a lawyer thinks he can get 20% of a ten year VA retro award that is an incentive.

Carlie,

Like you said it looks like they want us to see them as a government sponsored organization.

I believe it's a 99.99999 percent chance that they ain't.

The proof in the pudding will be, do they want paid up front.

A contract with a real veteran's law firm will specify that they only accept what the government allows AFTER you win retroactive benefit money, that's the law.

The attorney fee is withheld from the first retroactive check that the treasury pays the veteran.

The VA being the VA, they could forget to pay the lawyer out of your first check.

You would still owe the lawyer the allowed fee.

The lawyer can charge more fees if a subsequent appeal lands more money, like an earlier effective date.

NOVA lawyers don't need to advertise.

They are usually maxed-out with a full load of clients.

Getting one of them to take your case may take a little longer than hiring some newbie.

A lot of lawyers will not take on a case that does not appear to be a slam-dunk on the surface.

( After we forced the VA into reading and applying my evidence I was a slam-dunk. )

Most lawyers want to see what your case looks like before agreeing to take your case.

All of that being said, I think I'll call that number to see what they have to say.

After I check with my lawyer.

sledge

I went through years of appeals with SSDI because the doctors contiued to misdiagnose me. I was treated extrenely bad, as if I were a kook, and a druggie looking for pain killers.. I contacted my congressman, and went though indignity and indignity. I was trashed. I got screwed by everyone. The lawyers were scumbags. I had to fight it without help. I lost everything and was so damend sick. It's a horrible process going through any disability claim. You are treated like an animal, a drug seeker, a kook. I wil never forgive the scumbags and what I was put through.. I wish I could put my bad health into a needle and inject it into the scumbags... give the the problems I suffer from. The world is upside down. The worst people ever should get the disases, not the good people.

Well this 1 - 800 - VAHELPLINE did call me back.

They said the lawyer is also a military veteran.

I really never recommend anyone particular and am not

doing so now.

This is just another resource out there for anyone looking

for representation.

carlie

retiredat44 - I'm sorry for the grief you've endured. I understand completely as I sat in my studio apartment plotting the death of the rich to improve The System for somebody.

Every year they'd send a letter saying, "You're doing great, wage slave! Keep paying into The System cuz if anything happens we've got your back, Why, here's how much we'll Pay you every month."

But try getting it. I know.

I hope you're getting some enjoyment out of life now; I am. :)