Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Link To Va Fast Letters

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I used to have a link to the fast letters the VA has sent to the ROs over the past few years. Does anybody here or is there a link somewhere here on Hadit?

Thanks Stillhere

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Unfortunately the link we had from Texas Veterans Commission for many fast letters does not work anymore- which Fast letter do you need?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Thanks Berta, I found my link but as you say it has been closed by the Texas group. Don't really need any of them right now but used to like having them when I am helping someone else with their problems and have them use the fast letter as a reference to how the VA is supposed to be working certain aspects of a claim.

Stillhere

Absolutely -any directive or fast letter or training letter can often help a claim to succeed-depending on the circumstances.I used the DMII training letter for my AO death claim.

Oddly enough the June 1997 DMII training letter detailed all complications possible with having DMII.As I mentioned before DMII nor any diagnosis of diabetes appears at all in his clinical VA records.I proved he had DMII, they didnt treat it or diagnose it and he died from its complications.Not easy but nothing is impossible.

My husband had one unusual condition that was heavily documented in his hospital records over a 6 week period when he was recovering from a major stroke and then the condition was treated by the VA until he died.I asked the doctor about it but the VA doc said not to worry about it, it was a minor and treatable condition.

When I got a hold of the DMII Training letter 3 years after he died I had just succeeded on FTCA claim-the condition was mentioned there as symptomatic of diabetes.BUT at that time my claims did not even involve DMII.I used the training letter for 2-3 local vets claims instead .Then when I reopened for DMII from AO contributing to death in 2003 that same training letter was whipped off to the VA with the rest of my evidence. It was one small part of the malpractice puzzle.Which I solved.

You raised an important facet of the claims process. I wonder if they even read most of the fast letters.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

IS there a link to the FAST letters?

CAS

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I'm looking for this too...

I believe that because the VA is spending public funds, they should make public all fast letters, training letters, and also all C&P examination worksheets, regardless of the year they were published.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.