Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ratings Calculator For Bilaterals & Non-Bilaterals

Rate this question

chr49

Question

Here's our version of a ratings calculator that will do both bilateral and non-bilateral ratings(my wife, the perfectionist, did most of the work on this). We are hoping that others will find it useful. There are no guarantees that it will work 100% of the time but it's done well in our testing so far.

Ratings Calculator for Bilaterals.xls

Edited by chr49

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't have a microsoft office program what is 30% bilateral for flat feet?

Thanks for putting this up

Pete

If you have 30%-30% with the bilateral factor for flat feet the calculator puts it at 56.1 with a final rating of 60% for bilateral flat feet.

I cross checked the results against the VA combined ratings table which shows the same results.

Edited by chr49

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete53

If you have 30%-30% with the bilateral factor for flat feet the calculator puts it at 56.1 with a final rating of 60% for bilateral flat feet.

I checked the results against the VA combined ratings table which says 30+30=51 + 10% = 56.1 so it looks like the calculator handled that well.

Thanks at the present time I have flat feet rated at 30% but not bilateral although both feet are very flat. I have appealed to have it looked at mainly to help me with getting some help with my bathroom which as time passes I get more and more afraid that my end will come taking a bath with a slip and fall.

I guess I am to hard headed to just get it done with a second mortgage but I want the VA to help.

Thank you very much for your time. I wonder if I removed my Microsoft all together if this program would work on my free program.

Pete

• Founder

chr9 - thanks for the work on that! once you get some testing done on it we can put it up on the site for downloading, to make it in a web format we need someone who knows how to do that, i'm not good at that, i hired someone to make the ratings calculator that we now have into a php document. but i don't have anyone now, that i know of to do that, any geeks out there that can speak up :) also we could make it a google spreadsheet which we could allow anyone to see on the web, problem is we have to allow them to edit it so that they can put their numbers in and if we do that they could easily accidentally edit the formula's and that would be bad.

again appreciate the time and effort you put into this, and if i don't pick up on it and you have it tested by several folks do message me and let me know it all seems good and i can put it up on the site so folks can download and use it. though not everyone has excel, but perhaps we can figure something out on that.