Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ratings Calculator For Bilaterals & Non-Bilaterals

Rate this question

chr49

Question

Here's our version of a ratings calculator that will do both bilateral and non-bilateral ratings(my wife, the perfectionist, did most of the work on this). We are hoping that others will find it useful. There are no guarantees that it will work 100% of the time but it's done well in our testing so far.

Ratings Calculator for Bilaterals.xls

Edited by chr49

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Forman1983,

Combined Bilateral = 55 +10%=60.5 (Rounded 61)

Combined with Non-Bilateral = 61 + 10 = 65

Final Rating: 70%

Great test of the bilateral formula

Thanks so much

Edited by chr49

• Founder

geeks geeks any geeks out there who can convert this calculator to php or something the website could have without downloading an excel file? just asking...

geeks geeks any geeks out there who can convert this calculator to php or something the website could have without downloading an excel file? just asking...

Just wanted you all to know, I've added the ability to add bilateral calculations to my calculator at www.veteranscalculator.com

Hope it helps the community

I like it, I like it allot. I have been doing the pencil thing for a while with different scenarios and this will make that a little funner. I put in my numbers (I have one bilateral) and your calculator is right on the money.

Thanks again,

Hamslice

Now, I'm going to go play with it for a while.....

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Just wanted you all to know, I've added the ability to add bilateral calculations to my calculator at www.veteranscalculator.com

Hope it helps the community

Giz,

You calculator is really nice. However, when I enter a single 10% bilateral, the bilateral rating subtotal (including 10% bonus) comes out to 20% instead of 11% (10% x 1.1 = 11%). Unfortunately, this throws off the rest of the calculations.

Thanks

Good Morning!

I've used a version, and created a scenario tab as well as a list of medications and providers tabs. On my rating tabs, I also keep a countdown/timer tab for those ratings still in the hopper; use these for making IRIS/DAV inquiries so I can quote/record the timeline each claim has followed.

Great work!