V.a. Is Easing Rules To Cover Stress Disorder

Rate this question

Stretch

Question

• In Memoriam

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

Mustang Sally is sticking her nose in again....

“I can’t imagine anyone more worthy of public largess than a veteran,” said Dr. Sally Satel, a psychiatrist and fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative policy group, who has written on P.T.S.D. “But as a clinician, it is destructive to give someone total and permanent disability when they are in fact capable of working, even if it is not at full capacity. A job is the most therapeutic thing there is.”

Stretch

Just readin the mail

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

This is really no big deal the way I see it. It just relieves us from having to write the stressors. I filed in Feb. 09 after 40 years of being whatever I was and controlled by the beast. I was not am still not much better if you ask me.

I do get the treatment and that is showing promise but I will NEVER be the happy go lucky saleman I was before this kicked in 3-4 years ago. It is a itch and I am still playing along.

Anyhow I filed in Feb. and sent in my stressors in Oct. yep took me a while to deal with them. So in that respect the new claims will not be as tough but vets are still going to have to do a C&P and talk to a shrink to get it SC. And then the shrink is going to have to give you a DX for it.

Again it will help a few vets but I for one do not see hey whole bunch of fraud. My claim gave me 200 bucks more a month but my treatments help.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you don't have to prove a stressor that is a very big deal. As it is only those who can prove stressors or have combat awards have a shot at PTSD claim. If you drove a truck in a convoy every day in Iraq or Vietnam in deadly fear of being blown up that could cause a lot of stress, but unless you actually came under attack and could prove it no dice for your PTSD claim. I think PTSD should be presumptive for combat vets, and vets who serve in combat zone should not have to prove stressors. If they have PTSD then unless there is some other reason for it combat duty is obvious cause. Nobody wants symptoms of PTSD. Failed marriages and failed lives due to PTSD is not worth $2600 bucks a month.

Well, I currently have a claim in for PTSD where they had requested additional information to confirm I was in combat...today they say it's already at the rating board (again)...so we shall see. I'm submitting the info anyway as I'd hate to miss the 30 day deadline they gave me to get the info in-just in case anyone is mistaken.

Draggin'

NY Times report on PTSD

http://www.nytimes.c...ner=rss&emc=rss

• HadIt.com Elder

I am sitting at the CAVC waiting on being assigned a judge. The VA Doc has diagnosed me with PTSD, yet I we tarry over the stressors. My attorney told me yesterday that he does not know how this will effect those of us that are already in the system. That Salley gal is really full of it. She is clearly using lies to sound compassionate, that is evil in it's purest form. I have PTSD and a Job, and without the meds their would be nothing theraputic about the stress. Most likely I would not be able to function, not saying that you need to have PTSD to understand it.......but it helps. Dr Salley Satel is a QUACK.

• In Memoriam

Mustang Sally is just like a chatty Cathy doll. You pull the string and she says the same pre-programmed stuff over and over; and over again.. I don't doubt that she is a good doctor. Could be that she is paying back student loans or something....The American Enterprise Institute is loosing credibility that It can not afford to lose.

Stretch

Just readin the mail