V.a. Is Easing Rules To Cover Stress Disorder

Rate this question

Stretch

Question

• In Memoriam

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am sitting at the CAVC waiting on being assigned a judge. The VA Doc has diagnosed me with PTSD, yet I we tarry over the stressors. My attorney told me yesterday that he does not know how this will effect those of us that are already in the system....

Called VA again today and they said that there is no notes or anything indicating that I don't need to submit my stressor info (meaning they think they still need it). At this point I'm heading down to regional office and making sure they have it either which way. As you said, not sure how it will effect those with it already in the system...even though the VA itself says that the new rule willy appply to claims received "before July 13, 2010 but not yet decided by a VA regional office." - and mine meets this criteria.

http://www.va.gov/ptsd_qa.pdf

Draggin'

It looks as though all of the information we submitted was still necessary in order to process my PTSD claim. We included a stressor letter. We also found copies of newspaper articles that mentioned my name and troop and what we endured while in Iraq. All of this was enough to have them get my records from the records dept. (something they said they could not do at first). Lastly, I sent in copies of pictures I had taken while there.

They still need proof that you were in a stressful situation, I guess it is just easier to prove now? Not sure, as we had prepared the whole she-bang before the new rule went into effect and it proved right down to specific dates and times.

It took them about 45 days to decide once this was turned in to them and we were awarded 50%.

Draggin'

You certainly had the right evidence- I am glad they awarded you SC for PTSD.

"They still need proof that you were in a stressful situation, I guess it is just easier to prove now"

For many vets it will be easier to get PTSD compensation-under the new regs- but for many the new regs will not help a bit.

The new regs and discussion are in our PTSD forum.

If a rater cannot determine if the stressor falls into the new regulation guidelines, they woll have to have it verified by JSRRC so the more details the vet can give on the where and when-the better off they are in having the stressor confirmed.

The Newspaper article you had was clear and convincing evidence.

It concerns me that they were reluctant to get your records at first.

You did well- Congrats!!!

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

I saw in a store front window resently a tee shirt that read, "WARNING" This Vietnam veteran is heavily sedated for your protection.

I bet mustang Sally is one that can appreciate this.

• HadIt.com Elder

Allan

That is funny but that is still how the public that even remembers Vietnam thinks about us. Drug addicts, killers and psychos is how we are featured in the media history. 99% of those who run the media, corporations and government avoided serving during Vietnam. Vietnam is a dirty word in today's military.