Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Temporary Total Evaluation (100%) Based On Hospitalization

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

what does this mean: ??

•Temporary total evaluation (100%) based on hospitalization for a service connected disability in excess of

21 days; or surgical treatment for a service connected disability necessitating at least 1 month of convalescence or immobilization by cast, without surgery of more major joints.

===

example,, I spent six months in a hospital bed, does that mean I am entitled to 100% disability pay for that 6 months?

------

note: I am currently only rated at 50%, and my claim I have going I am trying t get the increase to full 100% permanent..

thanx..

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA pays the 100% rate, temporarily, anytime a vet is hospitalized for 21 days or more, for a service connected condition. So without knowing your particulars I would say yes.

pr

•Temporary total evaluation (100%) based on hospitalization for a service connected disability in excess of

21 days; or surgical treatment for a service connected disability necessitating at least 1 month of convalescence or immobilization by cast, without surgery of more major joints.

===

example,, I spent six months in a hospital bed, does that mean I am entitled to 100% disability pay for that 6 months?

------

note: I am currently only rated at 50%, and my claim I have going I am trying t get the increase to full 100% permanent..

thanx..

how do you collect?

• HadIt.com Elder

===

------

thanx..

It depends on what you spent that six months in a hospital bed FOR. And was it in a hospital, or a hospital bed at home? Also, WHEN did you spend the 6 months in the hospital? You have to make the claim within a year. I hate it when a vet files a claim for something that I could have granted a temp 100 percent for, (chemotherapy for prostate cancer) more than a year after they stop treatment. In that example, I could have granted 100 percent for the chemo, but now that the chemo is over I have to rate on the residuals, which are usually around 20 or 30 percent.

You can get a temp 100 percent for hospitalization over 21 days due to service connected conditions. You can also get a temp 100 percent for convalescence from surgery performed due to a service connected condition. We see a lot of the latter example. Veterans with service connected knees get a knee replacement, I think that's an automatic 6 months at 100 percent, and a flat 30 percent schedular rating thereafter. We also see it a lot with psych conditions when a vet gets hospitalized/institutionalized for their psych condition.

I wrote a letter and sent it to my VSO, so they can look and help me work on this... they can help with forms and help me submit them..

my Veteran's Service Officer will get it this morning.. and I will talk with him in the coming days...

thanx all..

It was in a hospital that i was in a hospital bed.... and my claim was filed within 1 year.. I was in the bed 2008 and filed for my claim in 2009.. this is the claim I am now that I am in the appeal/nod process with..

too complicated.. when I say I was in a hopital bed, I mean in a hospital bed..

anyways I hope that I willspeaking with my VSO this week, I faxed my my letter last week about this matter.. I have 2 Comp and pen exams coming, this wed, and next friday..

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't forget that you can get temp 100% even after you go home from hospital they also pay while you recuperate.

You always have to ask the VA they never cut you a break.