VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Pending, Want To Start A New Claim

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

I currently have a claim before a DRO review for an existing SC condition. I don't expect to get more than 10% to 20% for this claim due to maximums for this conditon. I want or rather I am thinking of starting a new claim for a completely new condition to get it SC and to also apply for Unemployability if they don't give me 100% for it.

I am looking for input as to whether or not I should continue to wait for the DRO to run its course. The longer I wait, the older my evidence gets and I'm certain that they will have to update my evidence for comparison. The evidence is in the form of psychologicl tests that show I have minor deficets in some areas and magor deficets in other areas of congnitive functioning.

Anyway, like always, your opinions and/or information is greatly appreciated.

Rockhound Rider :cool:

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I never waited,and put in for it all! You will have better dates when they finally decide to grant you+. Put in for it all!

I currently have a claim before a DRO review for an existing SC condition. I don't expect to get more than 10% to 20% for this claim due to maximums for this conditon. I want or rather I am thinking of starting a new claim for a completely new condition to get it SC and to also apply for Unemployability if they don't give me 100% for it.

I am looking for input as to whether or not I should continue to wait for the DRO to run its course. The longer I wait, the older my evidence gets and I'm certain that they will have to update my evidence for comparison. The evidence is in the form of psychologicl tests that show I have minor deficets in some areas and magor deficets in other areas of congnitive functioning.

I never wait either. The date is what you want. The longer you wait the more potential money you stand to lose.

JMO,

Bergie

• HadIt.com Elder

You raise an interesting question. Can a vet add an additional condition to an existing claim, and have the DRO consider it as well? I too am waiting on a DRO review. I have found additional SC conditions, as well as, EED issues with my claim. I will try to combine them, however, I think a BVA will have to ultimately decide.

Good luck with your claim and additional issues. Please keep us posted.

MY VSO was advising me, that if I add more claims it wil slow down the claims I already have in the works.. it's a really hard decision.. because you have to live witht he decisions you make.. if there are timne limits consider that. if there are no time limits.. if you can deal with your claim being slowed down, if at all, by adding more claims...

this really is wrong to have to try to outwit and out think the claim proces,s especially if you cognitive functions are impaired,, mine are defintiely impaired form illness, medicines, and the lack of legal training in these matters...

I would say in this vets best interest he should go a head and file for the conditions that could mean a 100% rating. Why worry about a claim that is in that will max at 10-20% as you said when you have a severe problem.

File for it now!

Good luck to you!

The time issue is my main concern. If I submit this new claim issue, I am afraid it will slow down the claim before the DRO. I am hoping I will see some movement soon, such as the C&P exam that I have been told is waiting to be scheduled. I am also hoping that the C&P exam and a ruling would happen before winter sets in again. The 10% or 20% added to what I have now would go a long way in paying the heating and electric bills this winter, which I am sure will be higher than last year and things aren't looking very good for any cost of living boost, just like last year.

If I put in the new claim and the VARO pulls my C-File from the DRO, then I am looking, at the very least, see another year go by without any decision on either claim. The DRO will most likely hold off on their decision untill the VARO makes their's, just to see if it gets denied and a DRO is requested on it as well, then they can do both claims at that time.

Granted, the sooner I apply, the better the EED will be on the new claim. D*&#T! I hate this system that is supposed to be pro-veteran, but in actuality, isn't. It's like most gambling, the VA being the House, has the better odds of winning, unless you can manage to count the cards, as in 21, and not get caught before you win what you feel you deserve.

Besides, I did something today that I knew I shouldn't have. I stopped in to our local pet shelter. I had some time to kill while in town and needed to ask some questions about getting my Tom Cat's shots up to day and having him fixed as well, I needed to find out if the had a program like they had when I got my younger female Cat her shots and having her fixed. I should never have gone inside, they had a number of cats on display for adopting and I felt my heart go out for a young orange short haired Tabbi. I'm seriously thinking of going back and adopting it. I don't even care if it is a male or female, it was so loving, but without a budget increase, I'm not sure I can afford another mouth to feed. Things got pretty tight toward the end of this last winter, I almost nearly had to consider selling my motorcycle. I'd much more sell a kidney than sell my motorcycle, even though it needs some work to get it running right,

I'm ranting on and on and it's quite early in the morning, so I guess I better sign off now and get some sleep, I'll need a clear head when I wake up, so I don't drive right down to the pet shelter and adopt that cat. LOL

Rockhound Rider :cool::rolleyes: