VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Your Credit And Identity Is Never Safe

Rate this question

MikeS

Question

Hi all:

When you put a "fraud alert" on your credit report, it is only a statement on your credit report that alerts a creditor to call you before issuing credit.

The problem is that creditors are NOT required by law to call you.

When you buy a package from a credit bureau that includes "alerts to changes in your credit report", you are finding out AFTER a thief has USED your credit.

What I am saying here is that there are no laws and no amount of money paid to credit bureaus that can stop an identity thief from profiting off of your good credit.

Therefore, the only true safeguard for our credit is for the Department of Veterans Affairs to make misuse or mishandling of Veterans data punishable by termination, and in some cases punishable by federal law!!!

All the procedure manuals in the world are useless if there are no enforcement procedures to back them up!!!

I suggest that you all stay informed by logging onto vawatchdog.org for the latest in this investigation as well as any other insanity that the va is trying to hammer us veterans with.

Yours 4-ever

Mike S.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The thing is that the cat is out of the bag now. What can we do to protect ourselves? My bank gave me a password so that any time someone trys to get money from my account they have to use a password at the counter.