Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×

Bva _ Travel Board Hearing

carlie

Question

I had my BVA Travel Board Hearing on Friday and feel like I failed miserably.

I didn't follow my own rules and began rambling.

carlie

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

9 answers to this question

Carlie,

Don't feel bad. I went to the BVA hearing for my husband and spoke on his behalf. I had evidence with me and everything I wanted to say written down so if needed I could just read it from the letters I had written specifically for the hearing. I do get panic attacks and I was so afraid that I would crash in this meeting. I felt that I did the same as you said you did, rambled on. But, in the end, my husband was granted instant approvals on 2 of his claims and the others remanded back for the RO to do what they should have done in the beginning. We are close, I hope, in getting these remands finalized. New claims I submitted held these remands up. So far, the C & P results look good and I am hoping for positive decisions in favor for my husband. Will wait and see.

I really felt that I had let my husband down in the meeting, but so far the results look good. So, don't get too down on yourself, as I am sure you did a lot better in that meeting than you realized and things will go in your favor.

Good luck and will be waiting to hear the results.

mssoup1

• Chief Petty Officers

carlie

B) CARLIE

You are very smart. You know the V.A. system very good. I am sure that you did very good.

SURPRISED TO HERE FROM ME....HUH..........BEEN A WHILE......

Carlie,

I really believe that at least half of showing up for your BVA hearing is putting a face and voice to your file. I'm not positive it is so with the traveling board but, with D.C. BVA hearings, the person who presides over your hearing is the one who makes the decision on the claim. I think it certainly weighs in their mind that you believe your claim enough to show up and represent it instead of just allowing your file to be the only record they have to go on.

Good Luck

Kirk

• HadIt.com Elder

Kirk

I agree with what you said about showing up being half the battle. We have often said here on hadit that turning down someone who looks into your eyes and has a human face is harder that stamping a piece of paper "denied".

Carlie, you never know what can come out of these hearings. Sometimes I think the "Decider" already has made up their minds, but that extra presense can help to sway them when it is close.

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie, You always speak truthfully and from the heart! The truth always prevails in the long haul! You might have asked if you could tape record the hearing. Sometimes the BVA videotapes the hearings - - did you get a copy??? I'm sure you did better than you think you did ;-) HUGS! ~Wings

Guest DON20906

Don't be too hard on yourself. Unless some new evidence is submitted at a personal hearing, or the possiblity of obtaining new evidence is raised, my experience is that they rarely have any effect on the outcome of an appeal. So it probably doesn't matter whether you rambled or not.

carlie

Carlie, you have educated yourself in the practices of the VA. You have a great tenacity for your claim and others, and you have the heart of a winner. I am sure you did well. Relax and wait for your decision. You have already vowed to not give up!

Pearl

Well all my buddies out there -- thanks for your kindness and offerings of support.

I took a bit of a break and I'm back in the saddle again.

I was soooooooooo shook up, I woke up on my couch Sat am just tossing about,

yelling and crying, I was actually hallucinating as I was waking up.

I was hanging onto my forearm real tight, because I was dreaming I had just sliced up the inside of my arm from the wrist portion almost to the inner elbow area --

the blood was just gooshing out way too fast, I had cut all the way through and I was holding it together real tight, just trying to make the blood slow down a bit to jot a quick note off to my grandson.

I'm not going to give them my blood - but I'm going to keep going after theirs !

Thanks again, thanks for beleiving in me,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie, Blood is the color of Life and Passion! Your Arms represent being well prepared to defend or fight, having plenty of evidence, being armed to the teeth . . . You had a good fight at the BVA - and the worst is over! Take care of yourself sister warrior ;-) ~Wings