VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Happens If You Move During Claim Process?

Rate this question

gwvet90

Question

Hi,

I have a new claim in with the VARO & also a NOD appeals in with them.

I am wanting to move to another state & wonder what happens to my claim? Does it move to the new state with me, or does it stay in the original state until it is decided/finished & then move to my new state?

Also - I am wanting to move into warmer climate - but don't have an exact place picked out -

I would appreciate any info &/or opinions on the different state's VARO (which ones have best service etc.) & the VA hospitals -& the best state benefits (tax exemptions/college for dependants/etc) - basically , from a veterans standpoint - what is the best state to live in?

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

EOD

thanks for the information about the Gainesville VAMC. I live in Tampa and that VAMC is a dangerous place as is Bay Pines. Where is the best place to live in S. Georgia? I used to visit Agusta GA. Is there a VAMC there. Florida is getting expensive and we have an insurance crisis. There are too many people here. The traffic is horrible around town. Housing is getting very expensive very quickly. How is Macon to live in?

EOD

thanks for the information about the Gainesville VAMC. I live in Tampa and that VAMC is a dangerous place as is Bay Pines. Where is the best place to live in S. Georgia? I used to visit Agusta GA. Is there a VAMC there. Florida is getting expensive and we have an insurance crisis. There are too many people here. The traffic is horrible around town. Housing is getting very expensive very quickly. How is Macon to live in?

My husband's first base was McDill, so he is familiar with the Tampa area. Of course I tease him about it because those where his partying days.

Best place in S. Georgia? I really couldn't say. My husband was retired from Moody and I hated this area for years!!!! But the county we live in the schools are good in my opinion. But it is mostly small towns here. Except Valdosta, it is trying real hard to reach metropolitan status.

I know Florida is expensive. My uncle recently moved to Kissimmee, he use to only snowbird it to his condo from MI to FL, but now he works down there. Gas prices where terrible in FL, they use to be. When I use to go down to Avon Park I would gas up on the Georgia border going down and coming back. My sister-in-law lives in Gulf Breeze and I was talking to her and gas there was about what we are paying...don't know what is going on with that.

I have been through Macon, but only have stopped there to eat on my way up to see my mother-in-law in North Georgia. It is a pretty big city, but not anything like Tampa or Orlando. I knew some nurses who use to go up there to work (they pay nurses bad down here), they would work three 12 hour shifts and get paid for 40 hours, it was worth it then to drive a little over two hours to go to work. But overall, I couldn't say anything good or bad about Macon.

Where you asking if there is a VAMC in Augusta or where I am at? Where I am at there isn't, but in Augusta there is Ft. Gordon where Eisenhower Army Hospital is at, which is the main hospital for the military here and I would assume they would have VA facilities in Augusta, but I don't know if they have a VAMC, I would have to look it up. But in S. Georgia, Gainsville is the closes I think, but I know that a lot of civilian patients get sent to Augusta and not Gainsville for specialized service, so it could be about just the same distance.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you live over 100 miles from a VAMC I think you can get fee base but I have not heard anything good about fee base from my buddy who lives in Montana. He says they give him some kind of allowance per month on medical expenses. Anyway, he won't go near the VA. Of course, some small town surgeon made a mess of his hernia surgery.