Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smr Records

Rate this question

cooter

Question

I can't figure this out! When I received copies of my SMR there wasn't a hospital record of my airbourne accident which was the only proof of it. The only record in my SMR was my exiting exam which I stated the accident in. But I still was awarded 30%, increased to 60% on right knee. NOW, I'm not complaining trust me! I was just wondering if the VA has any records that I don't? I'm about 100% sure they didn't award my claim just on my statement aone. I'm sure it's has to be that hospital record that I don't have. Has anybody been thru this before? I mean besides getting copies of my c:file, in which I'm going to do.

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Allan how do I copy and paste this link to my office folder in my email page?

Left click your mouse and drag across the link to highlight it. Than right click the mouse and choose copy.

Open your office email and right click the mouse again and choose paste.

That should copy and paste it into an email if your trying to send it to someone.

It's a good idea to save a copy of this pdf, "Statement in Support of Claim (Fillable)" to your doc folder. You may need it again.

Edited by allan

Allan how do I copy and paste this link to my office folder in my email page?

Left click your mouse and drag across the link to highlight it. Than right click the mouse and choose copy.

Open your office email and right click the mouse again and choose paste.

That should copy and paste it into an email if your trying to send it to someone.

It's a good idea to save a copy of this pdf, "Statement in Support of Claim (Fillable)" to your doc folder. You may need it again.

It worked! Thanks Allan. Now you can come over and show me how to use my scanner! ha

I was going request another copy of m SMR but I thought I'd wait to see what's in my c:file first. That's ironic I also had a fractured wrist that WASN'T in my SMR!

So are saying that even though you didn't have the records but va did? How many of the 5 claims did you NOT have records of that was awarded? Your info culd very

well help me!

NONE of the 5 claims were in my SMR but I was awarded 4 of them. I showed where my job in the navy (welder/shipfitter) could have and likely did contibute to the 4 that I won. It was a lot of time and homework on my part but well worth it.

I originally meant to say 3 out of 4 claims were awarded (dropped a 5th). NONE of the 4 claims were in my SMR but I was awarded 3 of them. I showed where my job in the navy (welder/shipfitter) could have and likely did contibute to the 3 that I won. It was a lot of time and homework on my part but well worth it.

Great for you Dick!!! You must had some really good IMO's. Hope someday you'll get theother 2 awarded. If you don't mind me asking, what did you get awarded on?