Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received The Envelope

Rate this topic

Vync

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I agree completely!

I visited the VAMC Business Office today and requested they reverse all private health insurance charges for the newly SC conditions back through the effective date.

When I got a rating increase for my asthma, I received an envelope from the VA telling me about their insurance. Strange that they wanted to reject you after your increase.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree completely!

When I got a rating increase for my asthma, I received an envelope from the VA telling me about their insurance. Strange that they wanted to reject you after your increase.

Vync,

The VA (SVGLI ?) only opens up (has to be applied for within 2 yrs I think) to the vet again, after an ADDITIONAL disability becomes SC'd,

it does not apply to the situation of an increase in percentage, for a currently SC'd condition.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Congrats!!!

Operation Iraqi Freedom 07-08

40% lower back, 10% migraines, 10% depression, 10% dermatitis 0% residuals of right foot, 0% esophagitis & 0% hypertension

"To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan"

- Abraham Lincoln

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use