Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congress Coming After Diabetes Benefits....

Rate this question

OnRiver

Question

Articles from AP and Politico have recently come out questioning VA's giving benefits to Vietnam Veterans for agent orange concerning diabetes and more recently heart problems. The major issue is a study done on Agent Orange and the pilots who flew the agent. According to the study they were less likely to get diabetes than the average person. They have just called for hearings and the press and a number of politicians are pushing for repel. It is time to begin organizing and to even plan a march on DC and congress. The following are articles...http://www.wtvr.com/sns-ap-us-vietnam-agent-orange-claims,0,3372534.story...somebody changed my rank and other info...I certainly wasnt in the Navy.

Edited by OnRiver

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yup, let it go!!! Those have nothing to do w/your actual military service. If you were here before the board changed over to this board, it doesn't carry your old date over. Your rank/rating is based on number of posts made. I've been here since around '94 and the board's changed about 4-5 times since then and each time I lose my original member date. Considering the number of posts you've made, since '06, I don't see a promotion coming any time soon. Try not to let it bother you as there are too many other important issues in our lives to sweat the small stuff. jmo

pr

sorry to be so difficult but when my name Onriver comes up in these post beside my name it says I am E-3 seaman 3rd class petty officer who has been here since 06.....all this is totally wrong...any suggestions?

• HadIt.com Elder

Philip is right.

Shake it off. It's nothing to stress over.

I've been here since 1998 and the date didn't carry over to the new boards. They've changed many times.

TBird can't be expected to be on top of it all. It's enough to keep the board up and running for us all.

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't go feeling bad. Most don't reconize Navy Vets as serving in the military. we're used to it. Expecially Army officers for some reason. Maybe it's their hat size.