Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New C&p Exam For Deferred Claim

Rate this question

68mustang

Question

I just finished speaking to someone on the VA's 1-800 inquiring about my deferred claim for ED. I was told that I would be sent for C&P exam for that. I had a C&P for the ED earlier this year and in the opinion of the examiner it was due to my disability. The examiner was a regular doctor who performed several exam procedures. I don't know what kind of doctor I will be examine by now at this new exam. Anyone have any idea if I could be sent to another kind of doctor,such as an urologist, and what the exam procedures would be? Thanks.

68mustang

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Just sent in an IRIS inquiry just as Carlie stated. Now its wait and see if there is a response.

68mustang

I received the following response from IRIS today:

"We have forwarded this inquiry to your station of jurisdiction (SOJ) in Houston and asked for a clarification about an compensation and pension examinations and the status of your claim for ED".

Now have to wait for Houston to respond.

68mustang

It sounds to me as if the VA is just horsing around and trying to delay paying you. I never heard of two exams for ED. What kind of exams?

Test #1 One stroke up

Test #2 One stroke down

hahaha!

It is just my opinion but I think VA is doctor shopping, They can if they choose to send you to another C & P exam but they should process your claim as is. If you have to go to this new C & P exam make sure that you tell the examiner that you just had the very same C & P exam and "hopefully" he should follow the opinion of your first examiner. If you were diagnosed the first time, it will most likely not change but make sure the new examiner know this.

Edited by pacmanx1

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

It is just my opinion but I think VA is doctor shopping, They can if they choose to send you to another C & P exam but they should process your claim as is. If you have to go to this new C & P exam make sure that you tell the examiner that you just had the very same C & P exam and "hopefully" he should follow the opinion of your first examiner. If you were diagnosed the first time, it will most likely not change but make sure the new examiner know this.

When I go to the C&P exam I will make sure that I take the copy of my first C&P exam and my doctor's opinion. I will ask if the examiner can explain to me why the first C&P exam doctor and my doctor's opinion are not valid opinions.Thanks.

68mustang

Send the dang VARO an Iris and/or better yet, contact the C&P department and inquire as to why the VARO is wasting their

valuable resources and piece mealing claims and work.

Tell them you already had your C&P for ED and an opinion was written on XX/XX/XXXX and signed off on by Dr. XXX.

Inquire if they are doctor shopping within their own agency, to get a negative C&P opinion.

Just a quick update. I still have not heard back from the Houston RO after my IRIS was forwarded there 03 Sep 10. I have called the 1-800 number twice and sent in an IRIS inquiry again this week detailing the C&P exam I already had and why I need another C&P exam for which a VA doctor has already provided an opinion for. It looks like for some reason that the VA is stalling. Thanks.

68mustang

Carlie: Checked Ebenefits and called the 1-800 today. I was told that my deferred claim was in the decision phase. Now have to wait to see what the VA will decide before I do anything else now. I am going to use a VSO that I am comfortable with and seems to know what he is doing. Only time will tell if he does. Thanks.

68mustang